Charlotte County Florida ordinances

Sorry I haven't been as vocal. Been ill this fall, and lots of tests, and waiting on results. Still waiting.

Margy1, sorry I haven't been on as much. Your support at the Zoning and Planning Board meeting was much appreciated. I understand they go for a vote 11/25.

I continue to write the County Commissioners, and trying to find a way to gather us all together and create one voice. I believe that the county is following up on complaints and under the present laws there is nothing that says for or against chickens, so left up to interpretation, the county pursues what they consider are violations. We, and our chickens, stay under the radar until someone files a complaint. I hate living like that, yet without a definitive clause or statement about or against chickens in Charlotte County it is left up to interpretation, and presently that interpretation is "no" to chickens.

I know the man who says years ago he wrote parts of the County Laws (lawyer). He said purposefully left things vague, especially when it came to chickens, because his wife kept/keeps chickens. When I had my run in with the county 9/2013 I asked him to speak up for me, and was declined. He did speak out and fought for his wife's chickens when she had violations against her, and defied the county's complaint. His wife houses chickens (literally) off of Midway and Jamaica roads in her house, and has acreage off of Bermont Road east of 30 (could be 31) with more chickens and animals. That is where my rooster went when I had to get ride of my chickens per county violation. When I think of that situation I become angry because it's not what you know, but who you know. I guess that is with everything.

I digress.

Once I get my diagnosis from all these test, and I am feeling better, I plan to pursue chickens in Charlotte County, and get it clear.

1 hope everything goes well with your tests. I just wish it was somehow possible to get all the chicken owners together and have a meeting.

I hope you are okay and your tests come back okay.

That makes me sad to hear that's who she is, and she is knowingly giving chickens away when she knows you can't have them especially considering that is where I got mine.

Have any of your discussions with the county commissioners given you any information on what our next step should be?

I hope the vote on the 25 is good for everyone's chickens.

Vote on the 25th was good and new zoning did pass - for RE (Residential Estates 1-5 acres) in Charlotte County.

Thank you - I am feeling better and NO CANCER which is what I and doctors were concerned about.

So with those 2 things behind me - I want to concentrate of chickens in Charlotte County for all. After the first of the year, I am going back to the county to see what they want to see in the way of progressing from here. I know "don't ask permission" yet I don't want to move forward in the wrong direction.

Happy Holidays - Happy New Year!

That is wonderful news I am so happy you are feeling better!!!

Yes, that sounds good...find out what they want to see happen in order for chickens to be legal :)! Please keep us updated :) Happy Holidays!:)

We got our first egg from one of our babies today! This is why Charlotte county needs to legalize chickens! This is the worst damage ours do! No noise, nothing, they just sit in their pen and eat and play.

ya.gif

Very nice. Ours our quiet also. When I change their water I let ours out with me and they follow me around the yard.

I wish we could let ours out, we have no fence so I am scared they would run off somewhere and we would have to catch them. :(

Congratulations! First egg! I free range mine on Sundays and Holidays. Mo one there to report on them and if they do, no county agent to see them. All cooped up the rest of the week.

Back
Top Bottom