chasing chickens

domromer

Songster
12 Years
May 11, 2007
Flagstaff,AZ
Three of my chicks are 7 weeks old now. We bring them from their evening roost into a moveable pen. They aren't to hard to catch now. Will they get faster as they get bigger or do they slow down as they gain weight?

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
Too Funny...Thanks for the Laugh
gig.gif

They will go in to roost on there own if you let them. If they don't have access to do that.....I think it should just get easier because they get used to being caught. But my large hens are pretty darn quick.

I have to go open the door for mine and if I go early I have to chase them. They have a particular time they want to roost. My daughter is a good chicken chaser!!!

jackie

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
Too Funny...Thanks for the Laugh
gig.gif

ROFL!!! That 's funny! Mine are 6 weeks old and it takes 3 family members (or one with a pool towel and a huge "OLE...OLE" to get them anywhere near their coop/chicken run!). They are all large breeds. (White and Barred Rocks, Astraulorps, Delewares, Americaunas, etc). We have been waiting for them to get bigger so they don't fly away!!:eek:

We always let them out in the morning with our coffee...and "OLE" them back in an hour later....the kids have friends over and they let them out in the afternoon...they have to "OLE" them back in and use friends to help:D ......in the evening we let them out for a few hours and they "waddle" their way back into the coop/run with the roosts and go to bed on their own. (once it gets dark-ish).

I love having chickens!!!!

Lisa in FL

Look at the bright side of things: I haven't had to go near the treadmill in 8 weeks
lau.gif

My silkie is the worst. I usually have to trick her with a bunch of clover. She'll hop up on me of her own free will and let me pick her up if I'm sitting, but as soon as she catches wind of the fact that I'm trying to put her back in the run or coop, she takes off like a bolt of lightning. Hilarious to watch her hopping and bopping around at that speed, not so much fun when you're running late for work and can't get her back into the run!

My chocins, 11 weeks, will go in and block the door so the younger chicks won't come in.
tongue.png
I have to roost them and then the others can come in and roost.

Sometimes the younger ones, 7 weeks, will get in early for a good spot on the roost. This kind of spoils the fun for the cochins tho.

Marsha

Back
Top Bottom