Chat N Chicknfun Thread

Here a pick of the hen house. In progress!

And some yummy strawberry jam. Last year only got 10 jars. This yea I got 22. Rain is a good thing.
The pics are GREAT! Thanks for sharing! I love the hen house, can't wait to see the finished house!
bow.gif

And that strawberry jam looks so GOOOOODDDDDDD!!!!
bow.gif

Thanks Chirp, I go out and check for eggs between 3-5 times a day! And one of my hens actually sang the egg song a couple weeks ago but no egg! I was so frustrated. How in the world do they know the egg song? Even before they lay the egg?

my mother just called me to tell me that samantha (my oldest neice) wants to go to medical school, there for im supposed to show her how to cull a chicken the old fashioned way. we are supposed to cull, clean and cook one.. i should mention that my neice faints or vomits at the sight of blood and has never put a animal down or cut or handled any type of raw.. where as i used to be a butcher.. i think it will get intresting.
gig.gif

my mother just called me to tell me that samantha (my oldest neice) wants to go to medical school, there for im supposed to show her how to cull a chicken the old fashioned way. we are supposed to cull, clean and cook one.. i should mention that my neice faints or vomits at the sight of blood and has never put a animal down or cut or handled any type of raw.. where as i used to be a butcher.. i think it will get intresting.
gig.gif
When?..... wish I could be there to look over your shoulder!!! I've watched it on video and "read up" on it, but....well...that first time....er, uh....you know....
hu.gif
Need to be able to "do it", somehow... thinking it won't be like skinning a deer or rabbit....already dead.

In RN school, we had to "do" a cat, full-grown, so sad...
hit.gif
If it had been a dog, I would never had made it or graduated/passed the state board!!!
th.gif

P.S. I didn't have to "do in" the cat, it's spirit was already in cat heaven, guess it's 9 lives were complete.....
roll.png

Last edited:
When?..... wish I could be there to look over your shoulder!!! I've watched it on video and "read up" on it, but....well...that first time....er, uh....you know....
hu.gif
Need to be able to "do it", somehow... thinking it won't be like skinning a deer or rabbit....already dead.

In RN school, we had to "do" a cat, full-grown, so sad...
hit.gif
If it had been a dog, I would never had made it or graduated/passed the state board!!!
th.gif

P.S. I didn't have to "do in" the cat, it's spirit was already in cat heaven, guess it's 9 lives were complete.....
roll.png

oh dad and i have a thing.. the mean hens and roos get culled.. the sweet and pretty roos and chickens stay. im a fan of the funnel method.. aka kill cone. i was always raised as a farm girl and know that every animal has a purpose. life feeds life, life takes life

Back
Top Bottom