Chat N Chicknfun Thread

Good morning & happy Saturday! I woke up to smoke. Forest fires here in Arizona while not near me have sent the smoke into the Verde Valley where I live. Means I have to limit my out door time and stay in with supplemental oxygen til the wind changes or the fires are out. It is a trade off- I live in a beautiful location that is geologically enteresting and historically enteresting and an air current trap for the whole state. Do chickens feel air polution like people do? My flock has always seemed healthy. Hey, goodness, take care of yourself, hope it clears soon...chickens do/can have respiratory issues, so maybe keep a close eye on them. Hydration most important.
On the bright side today with the noisy rooster gone it is so peaceful. I know my neighbors are appreciating that. I give neighbors free eggs once in a while to keep everyone happy with the chickens but even I was getting annoyed. Awww, they can cause a ruckus with the noise, some seem to be worse than others, heehee
hu.gif
, hope he found a place where he could "roar". LOL
lau.gif
Glad you're here and talk to you soon.
thumbsup.gif

It's happening again I post my pic of my babies in the cochin thread and many hours later no replies. Makes me feel like I have bad internet BO
hide.gif
. I see other newbies get answers with just about the same requests. Any idea what is my problem? I just want to improve my flock over time. I will never show chickens but I want to be proud of what is hatched here in the future. This is my whine for the week I will now shut up.
hit.gif
at least about that kinda stuff. Dave is out working on our new coop. Our neighbors love chickens so we are moving the cochins where the neighbors can sit at breakfast and watch the action and I can look out my bedroom window and check the chicks welfare. This is going to be fun.

It's happening again I post my pic of my babies in the cochin thread and many hours later no replies. Makes me feel like I have bad internet BO
hide.gif
. I see other newbies get answers with just about the same requests. Any idea what is my problem? I just want to improve my flock over time. I will never show chickens but I want to be proud of what is hatched here in the future. This is my whine for the week I will now shut up.
hit.gif
at least about that kinda stuff. Dave is out working on our new coop. Our neighbors love chickens so we are moving the cochins where the neighbors can sit at breakfast and watch the action and I can look out my bedroom window and check the chicks welfare. This is going to be fun.
Tinybbabes you never know who is on or when they are on. Sometimes I don't get answers either. But the weekends are harder, most people and busy with their families. Try again on Monday... I know nothing about most chicken breeds. Or I would offer to help. Sorry
idunno.gif

Tinybbabes you never know who is on or when they are on. Sometimes I don't get answers either. But the weekends are harder, most people and busy with their families. Try again on Monday... I know nothing about most chicken breeds. Or I would offer to help. Sorry
idunno.gif
Hey. ditto on that.
Some of us just learned a few days ago on the Chicknfun chat thread that there is a way to look for unanswered posts!!
Please feel free to check out that thread (Chicknfun chat)...lots of interesting folks there, just a bit slow right now.....

So, we all are constantly learning as many, many are joining. Right now, many of the threads are so slow, because summer demands alot of time with chicks, ducks, geese, etc., much less vacations and relocations for jobs/school, etc.

So don't be discouraged, stay in touch and be one of those who reach's out to others, experienced or not. A friendly hello and a point in the right direction mean so much, as you well know.

The slower times are coming and you will find so many of your contacts/connections immensley rewarding. Meanwhile, please stay in touch!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
It's happening again I post my pic of my babies in the cochin thread and many hours later no replies. Makes me feel like I have bad internet BO:oops: . I see other newbies get answers with just about the same requests. Any idea what is my problem? I just want to improve my flock over time. I will never show chickens but I want to be proud of what is hatched here in the future.  This is my whine for the week I will now shut up.:hit at least about that kinda stuff.  Dave is out working on our new coop. Our neighbors love chickens so we are moving the cochins where the neighbors can sit at breakfast and watch the action and I can look out my bedroom window and check the chicks welfare. This is going to be fun.

Whine away..... Personally, I love to whine, whining makes me happy, I always need something to whine about.

But, totally with you on posting, and being TOTALLY bummed when no one answers you.

I find, if I really want an answer, I quote my post that no one responded to, and add one line like " anyone know?" I am careful not to be nasty and say something like " you idiots are ignoring me! Answer already!"

Anyway, chirpingcricket will ALWAYS respond (she is so super sweet and nice that way), so you can always complain here, and if we know anything, we will try to help.

Whine away..... Personally, I love to whine, whining makes me happy, I always need something to whine about.

But, totally with you on posting, and being TOTALLY bummed when no one answers you.

I find, if I really want an answer, I quote my post that no one responded to, and add one line like " anyone know?" I am careful not to be nasty and say something like " you idiots are ignoring me! Answer already!"

Anyway, chirpingcricket will ALWAYS respond (she is so super sweet and nice that way), so you can always complain here, and if we know anything, we will try to help.
Awww, so kind of you, Alaskan.
highfive.gif

Alaskan, thanks so much for giving us the info on posts that had not been addressed!! I haven't taken alot of time to "dig in" to those unanswered posts yet, just a few, but Wow, does Tinybabies drive home your point to answer those as we can!
highfive.gif

Tinybabies, Please hang in there with us...I think you will enjoy this thread, Alot of us are late nighters, and several in really serious different time zones...
caf.gif

By the way, I (like Chickadoodles said) know next to nothing about Cochins...hard to keep those little beauties of joy in this damp, humid, muddy Gulf Coast area...but...if you will post it again, one of us, on this thread, may be able to give you some insight. I think there are folks here that have Cochins/Silkies??
hu.gif
So glad you are here!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Hey. ditto on that.
Some of us just learned a few days ago on the Chicknfun chat thread that there is a way to look for unanswered posts!!
Please feel free to check out this thread regularly, (Chicknfun chat)...lots of interesting folks here, just a bit slow right now.....

So, we all are constantly learning as many, many are joining. Right now, many of the threads are so slow, because summer demands alot of time with chicks, ducks, geese, etc., much less vacations and relocations for jobs/school, etc.

So don't be discouraged, stay in touch and be one of those who reach's out to others, experienced or not. A friendly hello and a point in the right direction mean so much, as you well know.

The slower times are coming and you will find so many of your contacts/connections immensley rewarding. Meanwhile, please stay in touch!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Edited by CC

Got my framing done and the floors in the 6x12 hen house. Had to make it bi-level because of the hills. Still a lot to do.Going to make my homemade strawberry jam with my strawberries from this year. Then off to sell this weeks eggs. Hope everybody has a great day!!

Back
Top Bottom