Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

Pics
On the tallow, and other fat & grease collection: do y'all ever heat it up and pour some on a pan of feed? My dogs love this as an occasional treat and my chickens, too. . .
I render any solid fat trimmings and re-melt my saved grease, then combine all that in my food processor (making sure the fat’s not too hot!) with cornmeal and flour and some peanuts and crushed red pepper (to discourage squirrels). I pack it into molds, either from store-bought blocks of suet or deli containers, cool and store in the freezer. The wild birds love that in the winter!

Last edited:
Or if you put a more positive, cup half full spin on it, maybe it's gets the attention of people like myself who wouldn't participate in the clearly religious threads. You can see by how long I've been on here that I don't really just blabber all day but maybe I'll find interesting information in a thread in this particular forum which as it says Social>Random Ramblings - does not have to be all about chickens. Or it can. But maybe it won't, but maybe it will be.......... LOL. Peace.
I didn't join a forum to meet people. I joined to help people with their chickens. So you all can enjoy your thread.

Random like this pickle.
Monster Lol GIF by Justin Gammon

I didn't join a forum to meet people. I joined to help people with their chickens. So you all can enjoy your thread.
That was me for many years where I was always building something or taking 3 times the amount of time I now spend on daily chores. My chicken sitch is so awesomely efficient and bomber now that I have alot of extra time on my hands and I'd rather exchange info. with people who have similar lives to mine than on ridiculous facebook. So thanks for your approval, I will enjoy this thread....

Random like this pickle.
Monster Lol GIF by Justin Gammon
Oh the pickle PTSD this brings to me.... You know "Frickles," how they are usually krinkle cut or whatever it's called.... But some places now have fried pickle spears.... I burned the living shit out of my mouth with one at restaurant in Hawaii. It hurt!!!!!

Oh the pickle PTSD this brings to me.... You know "Frickles," how they are usually krinkle cut or whatever it's called.... But some places now have fried pickle spears.... I burned the living shit out of my mouth with one at restaurant in Hawaii. It hurt!!!!!
I've never had a deep fried pickle. But I can I can imagine how a piping hot pickle would be if eaten right away.

I've got 3 pullets laying, 2-3 more getting close, & a few of my older birds have started up again.
I have 8 pullets, all 20 weeks. One Barred Rock started laying at 18.5 weeks, and I've gotten 4 eggs from her in the last 1.5 weeks (1 got a hole pecked in it 🤬). I also have a Buff Orp who started laying in that time frame - 3 eggs - but they've all been soft shelled, and laid on the poop board overnight 😵‍💫 (I'm hoping this will correct itself - she's my lowest on the pecking order). I may or may not have another layer, but it's exceedingly hard to tell right now.

I'm out there checking every hour because they seem to like to peck holes in the eggs, so I'm trying to catch it right away, but they're so irregular - it's exciting and maddening all at the same time!

Back
Top Bottom