Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

Pics
...I also don't like bacon. :oops:
detector heresy GIF

:)

Nah, it's all good. Lots of people aren't fans of bacon. More for me! :)

Woohoo, congrats!! :yesss:

It takes a little over 24 hours on average for them to make an egg, so it actually makes a lot of sense that they'd have one on board getting ready to lay the first day of the storms and then put the next egg on pause afterwards. 🙂

...I also don't like bacon. :oops:
You're a weird one.

Having bacon pancakes for breakfast today :p .

I had leftover orzo for breakfast but pasta always gets kinda weird when reheated so it wasn't as good as it was last night.

I really need to get up the gumption and make a big batch of pancakes one of these mornings. I like to keep some frozen to pull out and have a few without having to go through the trouble of making a whole batch of them, but I finished my freezer pancakes a while back. Now my girls are laying decently enough that I can make more! No bacon in mine, though. 🤭

I had leftover orzo for breakfast but pasta always gets kinda weird when reheated so it wasn't as good as it was last night.

I really need to get up the gumption and make a big batch of pancakes one of these mornings. I like to keep some frozen to pull out and have a few without having to go through the trouble of making a whole batch of them, but I finished my freezer pancakes a while back. Now my girls are laying decently enough that I can make more! No bacon in mine, though. 🤭
Pancakes are something I've gotten lazy about. Eggo does a reasonable job for a decent price and they are nuke-and-eat. I will make them from scratch if we're doing "breakfast for dinner" and I need more than a couple at a time, but otherwise I'll take the tradeoff in time saved vs making my own.

My uncle lived to be 96 and died in 2020. I had lost touch (really, cut off contact, long story) and in 2020, I realized he was the last of my living blood relatives older than I. So I called him up. He'd been in the Air Force and served in WWII at the very end, and spent a few years in Korea.

I asked him if he believed in God. His answer was, "Of course not!" in the same tone as if I'd asked him if he believed in the Tooth Fairy. I was NOT going to try to convince him otherwise, I truly wondered if he did.

I talked to him a couple more times, and except for Covid, I would have gone to visit. (That didn't seem like a good idea.) We never got around to any discussion of religion or beliefs; mostly I asked him questions about his mom/my grandmother.

I really wanted to know what had happened, or what he had seen or read in his life that proved to him that God did not exist. I know he saw some horrible things during his time in the service.

I am always curious as to what people believe, and how they came to their beliefs. I won't try to change them, or argue with them.

Back
Top Bottom