Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

Yeah, if you get really cold then this doesn't work. But if it doesn't, then it's wonderful
Couple winters ago when I decided yep I would keep the chickens I bought a plug in heated waterer, Best. Invention. Ever!

I already have a water trough de-icer for the horses water trough, so I know the value of a water de-icer. It gets to -30c regularly here in the winter, and even in the barn at those temps it will be -20c easy.

Everything in the barn is set up for winter, it is usually miserable here from mid Oct to at least first of May, and I detest winter soon make sure it tolerable in the barn for me and the animals.

I know everyone does deep litter Yada Yada but I'm not sure I can handle that it might make my ocd nutty lol I clean my coop all the time 🤣

I didn't like the deep litter method at all when I tried it, personally. My coop stank of ammonia no matter how much litter I tried to mix in there, and when I was searching for answers about that, I found some saying that that was pretty normal for deep litter. Big nope from me, I am not leaving my birds in an ammonia-laden coop just so I can be lazy and only clean the coop out a couple times a year! I strongly suspect it doesn't properly work in my coops anyway because they aren't built to handle deep litter; no step at the doorway to keep the litter in, wood floors, etc. So no judgement here, I don't do deep litter, either. 🙂

I saw this, and I have to ask

since when did we need to keep poultry by religon or sexual preference?

my ducks are happy with all faith systems and they swing all ways (believe me lol and i love how they love each other however they choose to love)

As long as the green peas keep flowing, the ducks don't care what else the person throwing the green garden peas believes

and neither do I.

but now I feel like if theres a good post in forum for ppl with a different religious belief or sexual orientation, i cant reply?

Im not trying to cause offence, just wondering why we need this for poultry Forums?

Unless someones being a f--kwit and bringing these topics in in a judgemental way? Or someone is afraid someone might?

Wouldn't it be better to just make it clear that no judgemental comments on religion or sexual orientation are welcome and remove any users who post them? So we can stick to the important topic, our birds?

IMG_6474.jpeg

my ducks are happy with all faith systems and they swing all ways (believe me lol and i love how they love each other however they choose to love)

As long as the green peas keep flowing, the ducks don't care what else the person throwing the green garden peas believes

and neither do I.

but now I feel like if theres a good post in forum for ppl with a different religious belief or sexual orientation, i cant reply?

Im not trying to cause offence, just wondering why we need this for poultry Forums?

Unless someones being a f--kwit and bringing these topics in in a judgemental way? Or someone is afraid someone might?

Wouldn't it be better to just make it clear that no judgemental comments on religion or sexual orientation are welcome and remove any users who post them? So we can stick to the important topic, our birds?

View attachment 3650875
Ha, also noticed that most the 210 pgs of this thread are unrelated to religion...unless there is a church of chicken poop? Lol

Because you are not in the poultry sections, you're in the social section of the site. Where people socialize. Specifically, you're in the random ramblings section where all off-topic chat is allowed. 🙂

What does chicken-keeping have to do with your morning drink preferences? Do your birds care if you drink coffee?

What about if you're a night owl, does that impact your chickens as long as you keep them fed and watered during the day?

Do your song preferences make a difference to your birds? How about what languages you speak, or what books you're reading, or what you're having for lunch?

Why is it always just these two threads that people question in the random section and none of the plethora of other threads here that have nothing to do with chickens?

Why is it always just these two threads that people question in the random section and none of the plethora of other threads here that have nothing to do with chickens?
Unfortunately I think the answer is one that everyone knows.

and neither do I.

View attachment 3650875
Because it's the random rambling section. We're not in the flock management section
but now I feel like if theres a good post in forum for ppl with a different religious belief or sexual orientation, i cant reply
Of course you can reply. You just did. The only thing we really expect is that you don't come barging in to argue and tell us we're all wrong and all that stuff. It's just like the Christian thread, or the bilingual thread or the motorsports thread or literally any other thread directed towards a group of people (none of which you questioned in your post btw)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom