Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

ok and for those who don't know me (yet? ;) ) I have an odd (to some) assortment of super mellow, friendly, sweet and sometimes annoying (aka 'excessively friendly') breeds. the Dorking, bantam cochins (in a rainbow of colors), Swedish flower hens, BLRW and EE's - with my oddity Weeble, the crested, feather legged "bbs Ameraucana" who is splash, but also somewhat red and kinda laced. LOL

I don't follow anyone's rules but my own (ok hubby does manage to sneak one in now and then)... build my own coops and brooders (yes, the power tools are MINE!), have a 'part time LGD' in the form of my Standard Poodle, who also doubles as my service dog when necessary, a blind horse (going on 30 and sadly nearing her end), 2 miniature stallions that, until recently, were best friends, and my 'problem child' is my 18 year old Morgan mare, daughter of my blind girl...

I live in a log home that was put up going on 15 years ago, but never really finished because our contractor did what all stereotypical bad contractors do... took the money and ran. so we work on it as we can and live with what we've got. LOL I have 26 acres of wooded mountainside, which the chickens love, but have to hay the horses year round because they haven't developed much of a taste for cedar. now poplar on the other hand... well, we don't have any live ones left. they stripped the bark off each one systematically.

I think I'm probably the only person in Virginia who can successfully 'free range' my horses as well, since the boys are penned separately, the girls roam at will but won't go out of hearing range. I would say sight but Grace hasn't got any. LOL Maggie sticks even closer to the boys, because they have the round bales. did I mention that my 'problem child' is FAT? LOL

I would love your place! I love Texas... but I miss the trees...

Quote:
gig.gif

Me too. Hello everyone I have a crazy pyr that is driving me insane. whines and whines and whines. She's supposed to be guarding the chickens and the yard, but my BF keeps bringing her in the house. Oh well but any who. Has any of you ladies heard of Miracle Brow?

our LG is in the house right now.. she's still a pup (replacement for our old Pyr that died last spring).. so she's still in training.. since my husband gets deployed a lot it is also important to us that she bonds with him.. they still make great LG dogs though since they do consider the animals as well as us to be their family (regardless of what the "experts" will tell ya)!..

Oh.. as far as breeds of barnyard fowl......

we have Bresse, Euskal Oiloa, Dorkings, German New Hampshires, Araucana, Yokohamas, Orpingtons (working on English Orps), Cream Legbars, Silkies, Rhode Island Reds, Silkied Ameraucanas and Marans.
Have a bunch of eggs in the bator.. plus a shipment of Heritage Delaware eggs cooking.. still on the lookout for some nice Heritage Rocks so I can start a Delaware Project (from scratch.. but with Heritage birds the way it was meant to be)...
and I'll be in the market for some nice Ameraucana eggs in a few weeks since I think the ones I have hatched out recently are actually EEs and not real Ameraucanas... time will tell on them..

We also have assorted crossbreeds and mutts (EEs, OEs and other mixes).. plus some pretty little SBEL that hatched out a few weeks ago..

We also raise geese (Embden, Toulouse, Sebastopol), ducks (Giant Pekin, Muscovy, Ancona, Mandarin and Cayuga), Coturnix quail, Emu and turkeys... looking for peafowl to replace mine that someone "adopted" without our permission

who did I forget?.... I always forget someone in the bird category......

I may have to do something like that when I find my next pup... no breeders in this area have any standard poodles with sufficient testing... my old dog was from one of those local breeders, and had about every flaw a standard poodle could, and still be recognizable as a standard. LOL but I loved him for his whole 12 years, issues (physical) and all. LOL

There is a breeder in Durango, CO that has Liver/Chocolates (not sure what the poodle people call them) standards. She shows them and does well. They seem healthy and smart. I am going to a 4 day show weekend in CO this weekend. She might be there, if not, I know someone who has her info if you are actively searching.

This is OK but seems redundant with the thread that draye set up explicitly for this purpose.

Whoops! I never knew there was another thread... Ah well!

My new babies! Ko Shamos, Maude & Festus!
big_smile.png

PRETTIES!!!!!

we have Bresse, Euskal Oiloa, Dorkings, German New Hampshires, Araucana, Yokohamas, Orpingtons (working on English Orps), Cream Legbars, Silkies, Rhode Island Reds, Silkied Ameraucanas and Marans.
Have a bunch of eggs in the bator.. plus a shipment of Heritage Delaware eggs cooking.. still on the lookout for some nice Heritage Rocks so I can start a Delaware Project (from scratch.. but with Heritage birds the way it was meant to be)...
and I'll be in the market for some nice Ameraucana eggs in a few weeks since I think the ones I have hatched out recently are actually EEs and not real Ameraucanas... time will tell on them..

We also have assorted crossbreeds and mutts (EEs, OEs and other mixes).. plus some pretty little SBEL that hatched out a few weeks ago..

We also raise geese (Embden, Toulouse, Sebastopol), ducks (Giant Pekin, Muscovy, Ancona, Mandarin and Cayuga), Coturnix quail, Emu and turkeys... looking for peafowl to replace mine that someone "adopted" without our permission

Oh man, there are SO many breeds I want yet, but I am finally learning to pull in my horns a bit, lol! Someday I can have all the chickens I want... not today!
tongue.png

ok and for those who don't know me (yet? ;) ) I have an odd (to some) assortment of super mellow, friendly, sweet and sometimes annoying (aka 'excessively friendly') breeds. the Dorking, bantam cochins (in a rainbow of colors), Swedish flower hens, BLRW and EE's - with my oddity Weeble, the crested, feather legged "bbs Ameraucana" who is splash, but also somewhat red and kinda laced. LOL

I don't follow anyone's rules but my own (ok hubby does manage to sneak one in now and then)... build my own coops and brooders (yes, the power tools are MINE!), have a 'part time LGD' in the form of my Standard Poodle, who also doubles as my service dog when necessary, a blind horse (going on 30 and sadly nearing her end), 2 miniature stallions that, until recently, were best friends, and my 'problem child' is my 18 year old Morgan mare, daughter of my blind girl...

I live in a log home that was put up going on 15 years ago, but never really finished because our contractor did what all stereotypical bad contractors do... took the money and ran. so we work on it as we can and live with what we've got. LOL I have 26 acres of wooded mountainside, which the chickens love, but have to hay the horses year round because they haven't developed much of a taste for cedar. now poplar on the other hand... well, we don't have any live ones left. they stripped the bark off each one systematically.

I think I'm probably the only person in Virginia who can successfully 'free range' my horses as well, since the boys are penned separately, the girls roam at will but won't go out of hearing range. I would say sight but Grace hasn't got any. LOL Maggie sticks even closer to the boys, because they have the round bales. did I mention that my 'problem child' is FAT? LOL
lau.gif
When my horses get out they don't go far!!! Too many others left behind in their own paddocks!! Had the police up one day asking if I had any missing horses . . . . I panicked and flew to the barn to take a head count. THen flet very foolish when I realized WHY would any of them travel all the way down the 1200 foot driveway and leave their friends behind AND none of the remaining horses were yelling their heads off for their missing friends. DOH. I ran back to the officer and said all mine are here, with a calm demenor. Clearly HE knew nothing about horses and did n't know that missing buddies causes mayhem!!

ANd yess all my trees are stripped. ANd cut down. THey do leave the pines alone if the trees have a thick bark.

Quote: Dak-- is this a heeler?? Sorry with 150+ dogs I'm not always sure of the details. lol ( I love rotties)

Me too. Hello everyone I have a crazy pyr that is driving me insane. whines and whines and whines. She's supposed to be guarding the chickens and the yard, but my BF keeps bringing her in the house. Oh well but any who. Has any of you ladies heard of Miracle Brow?
hu.gif
Miracle Brow??? ANything like a unibrow??

Love pyrs-- once had a maremma which are VERY hard to find. ANd VERY expensive.

Which tastes the best???
wink.png

I have TWO turkey eggs if anyone is interested. One sweet grass and one bourbon red. Hard to beleive anyone is laying . . . . THe feathers are everywhere except on the hens!!

I am hoping to get some Konza chickens from Renee this week or next. Panicking because new coop is not done and I want the new birds housed far enough away to also qualify as quarentine. Renee is down sizing dramatically and rehoming alll her stock. I'm very excited to get some of her birds!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/695265/konza-prairie-rangers/0_40

Back
Top Bottom