Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Pics
I just think they are beautiful birds.. unusual egg color is a plus if they manage to lay something other than brown... but even if they don't.. they are still good lookers!
The eggs they hatched from were tinted at the small end of the egg and fades to the fat end. Here's a pic. But the bloom is what is the plum or pink color and that gets rubbed off easily.

Quote: AMEN! LOL hubby is of the same opinion, so we'll stick with the critters. he just threatens to shoot them on a daily basis but won't go to jail for saying it. LOL
tongue2.gif

Would they get mixed up with say ... Wellie or production red eggs?
No, the light is weird into room, but the color is like a pink tint. And not all of them had this. As for the bloom, I don't know how that will be because I hatched shipped eggs and they didn't have any bloom on them by the time they got to me but I will get a pic of the breeders eggs I got them from. Not my photos but this is what my eggs come from and my girls will lay :)

I like pink eggs. now I want to see those purple eggs. Do all the Croads lay purple?

All croads have heavy bloom on the eggs. But some girls wipe it off with there erm.. laying apparatuses, and some dont so its still a bit of a crap shoot. OR that is how I have understood it. Since its bloom its more fragile then the paint gun of a Marans say.

I was investigating getting some AMAZING eggs from australia a few years ago, and the farm in queensland was basically wiped off the plant in the big floods never to be heard from again. The next time I heard about them and they had colored eggs ( ones in europe are not breeding for bloom iirc) was here, so Im excited!

Back
Top Bottom