Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Pics
putting out feelers....instead of throwing them out in the trade thread.
I have a Japanese bantam X silkie roo over a partridge frizzle silkie and soon his daughter, a jet black sizzle.
the babies ive hatched are gorgeous. my male looks booted and has a huge crest. the Japanese in him brought out a lot of iridescent as well as a long tail.
here are the parents :)

Last edited:
I just received my eggs from swindledana and all of them are covered in poop. Not mud, poop! I can't incubate these eggs. Not happy. I'm trying to post a picture but so far it won't seem to load.
1f621.png

I just received my eggs from swindledana and all of them are covered in poop. Not mud, poop! I can't incubate these eggs. Not happy. I'm trying to post a picture but so far it won't seem to load.
1f621.png

i normally don't wash eggs before incubation, but I would try that and see if any hatch. I guess its better than nothing? I would PM her :)

1f621.png
I've washed eggs with poop....they will still hatch.

ive also washed and not washed dirty eggs and it seems to make no difference..but those are all shipped eggs so you know.

These are not muddy, and to disclose the condition of the eggs prior to bidding is one thing, it's quite another to ship someone these eggs and expect it to be ok. I have an incubator full of good eggs and I'm not about to take a chance by putting these poopy ones in with them. Maybe she will make it right but I haven't heard anything after a PM.

I don't sell or set poopy eggs, but remember my muddy egg auctions? They were COVERED in mud. Everyone who bought those reported back a greater than 50% hatch. I know there had to be poop in the mud. There's still a chance of some hatching, I should think.
i dont knowingly buy poopy eggs and i wouldnt sell overly poppy eggs myself, i mean if there is one small smug on one or two eggs i would wipe them off and offer them for sale. i remebr your muddy eggs, i got 20 muscovy eggs that were really muddy, i washed them all and even though i had incubator problems 9 still made ti to lockdown...so i had less then ideal conditions and some muddy eggs still made it.....the batch before last of D'uccle i ordered were poopy(ebay) i washed them off and 3 made it to lock down but again in fairness they had frozen in shipping and two were freeze cracked when i picked them up.

1f621.png
That is not poop. That is dirt from the nest box. They are fine to hatch. I just hatched out some that had dirt on them. I had 90% hatch rate.

Back
Top Bottom