Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Hello everyone, I am new to shipping eggs so I would like to ask a couple questions of some of you pro's if you don't mind. 
1. Which states require special permits to ship hatching eggs if anyone knows? 
(I got a request to ship some turkey eggs to SD only to find I have my NPIP agent jumping thru hoops to help me get the permit I need to do it).

2. I am NPIP and we test for AI/PT. are there any other rules I need to know about for shipping? And if so is there a website that has that info on it to read up on the laws?

Thank you, Chicka
I'm interested as well...

I use a professional quality gel, full strength. I use a few drops and use rubber gloves or your hands will be colored for days, too. If you get it in well, it can last for days. Even getting it on the feathers by the vent will rub off on the egg. Use a bright color.

More details please. Are you putting drops of gel on your finger and, um, . . . smearing it around?
sickbyc.gif

Can you post or PM me what product you are using? I have Wilton color paste but not in bright colors. Is that what you mean? Not the liquid in little glass bottles the cake section of the grocery store?

Hello everyone, I am new to shipping eggs so I would like to ask a couple questions of some of you pro's if you don't mind.
1. Which states require special permits to ship hatching eggs if anyone knows?
(I got a request to ship some turkey eggs to SD only to find I have my NPIP agent jumping thru hoops to help me get the permit I need to do it).

2. I am NPIP and we test for AI/PT. are there any other rules I need to know about for shipping? And if so is there a website that has that info on it to read up on the laws?

Thank you, Chicka

You can start here. I'm not finished going through all the states yet. I think New York requires a permit, but the application seems to be geared for brokers or large producers or processors, of cattle and horses. Is there a thread dedicated to figuring this stuff out? My NPIP rep pretty much told me it was on me to do all the research and contact all the states to determine what additional testing or permits were required. You'd think they'd have a central database or something and could just print off a master list for participants. Even better, you'd think they'd make requirements consistent between all the states. But noooo! If someone has better info please share!

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/wps/porta...state_and_territory_animal_import_regulations

Quote: Thank you so much for your help. I will got thru the list. I agree they should all have similar guide lines to follow. I think the list that I got of tests fro SD has every possible disease listed to test for on it. And I am now wondering how much it would cost me to have all those tests done. I do believe that we should be NPIP and have good bio-security for our flocks protection. Just from looking at the bird flu killing off all these birds across the country now. I am glad my turkey are in covered pens as turkey are more venerable that most fowl.

More details please.  Are you putting drops of gel on your finger and, um, . . . smearing it around?  :sick

Can you post or PM me what product you are using?  I have Wilton color paste but not in bright colors.  Is that what you mean?  Not the liquid in little glass bottles the cake section of the grocery store?

I don't know what she is using but I think any type of food colouring would work, I just grab the hen in question so her vent is facing me and directly squeeze a few drops just at the top of the vent. :)

Back
Top Bottom