Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

SO.... I was at the main post office today and I thought let me ask them about a special container and treatment. This was not the local post office this was the MAIN Post Office at the Airport in Nashville. Everything that comes in and out goes through there. I had already paid for my stuff and was talking to them. The Manager looking guy said they have a button for special handling charges. So she tried it and there was NO ADDITIONAL Charge! I told her I got a box one time that was in a USPS tub with tape over the top and a sheet of brightly colored paper taped to it saying that it contained one of several things, Live animals, Insects, something else but can't remember. I will try to find it... I kept it just in case I wanted to try that. I don't remember if I had a good hatch or anything just remember them coming SPECIAL. SO For those that want to try that ask your post office to do that, put your box in a tub so nothing else can be sat on top and make you a special form explaining what is inside..... maybe that will work better.

I hope it is ok for me to post this here. I tried to offer someone on the 24 hr. auction thread some of my turkey eggs and the person does not know me or anything about my birds or my stock. My birds are not from anyone on EBAY!
My Bourbon Reds and my Bronze came from Mr. Frank Reese's stock as I called him and asked him how to get his stock since he no longer sells hatching eggs or ships his birds and he told me who had previously bought his stock and I contacted them and put in an order and waited 6 months for some poults. I paid over 200.00 for my poults and raised them.
I also bought some of Arielle's Sweetgrass turkey hatching eggs and put them under a broody hen and hatched them. Arielle bought her birds from Porters Rare Heritage Turkey.
I posted this info on the Old Folks home page when I was buying my birds and on the Turkey talk thread. Others that know me can vouch for what I am saying. Ask Ronnot1 or Wisher1000 or Arielle they are all BYC members.
The only thing I have offered for sale on BYC was my homemade Pecan or Hickory syrup.
I have been following along on this thread for a while trying to decide of I wanted to try to offer some of my turkey eggs for sale.

Last edited:
I hope it is ok for me to post this here. I tried to offer someone on the 24 hr. auction thread some of my turkey eggs and the person does not know me or anything about my birds or my stock. [COLOR=FF0000]My birds are not from anyone on EBAY! [/COLOR]
My Bourbon Reds and my Bronze came from Mr. Frank Reese's stock as I called him and asked him how to get his stock since he no longer sells hatching eggs or ships his birds and he told me who had previously bought his stock and I contacted them and put in an order and waited 6 months for some poults. I paid over 200.00 for my poults and raised them.
I also bought some of Arielle's Sweetgrass turkey hatching eggs and put them under a broody hen and hatched them. Arielle bought her birds from Porters Rare Heritage Turkey. 
I posted this info on the Old Folks home page when I was buying my birds and on the Turkey talk thread. Others that know me can vouch for what I am saying. Ask Ronnot1 or Wisher1000 or Arielle they are all BYC members. 
The only thing I have offered for sale on BYC was my homemade Pecan or Hickory syrup. 
I have been following along on this thread for a while trying to decide of I wanted to try to offer some of my turkey eggs for sale. 
How much would you sell your bourbon eggs for? I've been hoping to find midget whites, because of their size, to trade some eggs for but i may be shooting in the dark and the bourbons are beautiful.

Quote: I would sell the to you as my first customer on BYC for 2.50 per egg I only have 2 hens so I have a limited number I can sale at one time. Ladycat has some midget whites I believe.

My bronze project not for sale just showing

Sweetgrass (The white hen is getting a lot of brown now)

Bourbon Reds

2 day old poults Bourbon Reds and Sweetgrass.

Last edited:
Hi Chickadoodles-- yes you bought the sweetgrass eggs from me. THey are my most popular turkey. Very pretty. ANd my eggs seem to ship well, or at least they did last year. Have yet to see what this year brings. My stock came directly from Porters. I have collecting eggs to put into the incubator now that shpring is here and they are laying again. THey hosted a pheasant for the winter as the poor girl had been released for hunting but found her way to my house where she was welcome to winter over with plenty of food and water. SHe was let out last week to do as she pleases . . . and we hope she will bring her babies back to visit us. . . .

I would be interested in trading some eggs at some point as my Bourbons will need a dose of new blood at some point. I love them. THe 9 girls are ruled ( not really) by one of the nicest boys who likes to spend much of his time visiting us than hanging out with his girls. lol

I still remember the syrup-- boy was THAT special!! Sure wish you still made it. Maybe you will have time again in the future.

SO.... I was at the main post office today and I thought let me ask them about a special container and treatment. This was not the local post office this was the MAIN Post Office at the Airport in Nashville. Everything that comes in and out goes through there. I had already paid for my stuff and was talking to them. The Manager looking guy said they have a button for special handling charges. So she tried it and there was NO ADDITIONAL Charge! I told her I got a box one time that was in a USPS tub with tape over the top and a sheet of brightly colored paper taped to it saying that it contained one of several things, Live animals, Insects, something else but can't remember. I will try to find it... I kept it just in case I wanted to try that. I don't remember if I had a good hatch or anything just remember them coming SPECIAL. SO For those that want to try that ask your post office to do that, put your box in a tub so nothing else can be sat on top and make you a special form explaining what is inside..... maybe that will work better.
I've tryied asking for this, at my PO it is a matter of who is on duty. So I gave up and just went for more packing. Just couldnt get the special handling on a consistent basis. ANd this PO handles eggs a lot as Mr rhodes has shipped out of there for years. Generally I have shipped from many post offices, based on my travel route and schedule. Not really sure why, many PO are not up on handling eggs.
th.gif
Just better to leave them ignorant of what I am shipping.

Would be interesting to see what others have for an experience asking for this type of handling!!

Hi Chickadoodles-- yes you bought the sweetgrass eggs from me. THey are my most popular turkey. Very pretty. ANd my eggs seem to ship well, or at least they did last year. Have yet to see what this year brings. My stock came directly from Porters. I have collecting eggs to put into the incubator now that shpring is here and they are laying again. THey hosted a pheasant for the winter as the poor girl had been released for hunting but found her way to my house where she was welcome to winter over with plenty of food and water. SHe was let out last week to do as she pleases . . . and we hope she will bring her babies back to visit us. . . .

I would be interested in trading some eggs at some point as my Bourbons will need a dose of new blood at some point. I love them. THe 9 girls are ruled ( not really) by one of the nicest boys who likes to spend much of his time visiting us than hanging out with his girls. lol

I still remember the syrup-- boy was THAT special!! Sure wish you still made it. Maybe you will have time again in the future.
Thank you Arielle I do love my Sweetgrass and I have a waiting list for the hatching eggs here. Thanks for shipping them to me so quickly and all the eggs you sent me hatched! I would love to trade some eggs with you anytime!
I was just thinking about some syrup. lol I will try to get some made and send the boys some.
big_smile.png

Anyone got turkey or quail eggs?
Thank you to those of you who posted to me or sent me an IM of your breeds..So many of you are raising some beautiful and awesome birds & I appreciate your time. I have to research to see where I need to start~ as it will be my first venture away from chicks or dogs and the bf needs to be on board too. I am looking for an easy breed. I have a lot of acreage here so space it not necessarily an issue. The good incubator is occupied for another couple weeks so it will give me some time. Thanks again!

I bought a BIN from eggotthechicken on 3/20. 14 eggs sent and 14 eggs just went to lockdown. Awesome seller.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom