Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

X2  Also, it's worth doing the labels online because you get a discount. And it's easy.
yep! Just shipped a box of chickens to Georgia that would of cost me $45 express at the post office and I shipped them with preprinted postage express for $30.18. Discount is great.

I just free'd up my mini...so, I can buy a small batch!
Lol My mini is open in A few days .... uh oh....
I already have Serama eggs stacked. I cut up two bantam egg trays to fit a Brinsea, and I have both trays stacked in there. Look close and you can see eggs under the top tray. I have quail egg trays I'm going to do the same thing with.
I'm not sure I needed such a good photo like that. Haha I wonder how long I can control myself from trying it out.myself?

Most of the eggs I've ordered have come in the 12X12x8 priority mail box with a pre-printed label. How do you do that? I went to post office and they don't have that size box and how do you make a prepaid label? Thanks, first time shipping eggs.
1f62c.png

Order free shipping supplies here: https://store.usps.com/store/browse...vIds=shipping-supplies:free-shipping-supplies

For the shipping label, you pay online and print the label out. You can do that at the USPS site or through Paypal.

In order to use a priority box that is not flat rate, you need very good scales. I have this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041MM2YK
But you can also order postal scales from USPS.

X2 Also, it's worth doing the labels online because you get a discount. And it's easy.

yep! Just shipped a box of chickens to Georgia that would of cost me $45 express at the post office and I shipped them with preprinted postage express for $30.18. Discount is great.

The discount helps pay for Paypal fees and packing supplies.

Question for people who ship big eggs like goose eggs. I've shipped goose eggs twice now, and each package has lost one egg. I'm wrapping eggs in bubble wrap, putting paper and/or styro peanuts or more bubble wrap between them, then double wrapping and using bubble wrap and/or scrunched paper between the boxes. What else can I try? Do larger eggs travel harder? Or easier, and I'm really missing something? Maybe try pipe insulation around the eggs?? I'm not sure how much space is idea between the inner and outer boxes, but I even used a bigger box with more padding space and shipping was $10 more and still had an egg lost.
hmm.png

Just want to do all I can so folks get the eggs they want in as good a shape as possible!!!
Thanks for any more ideas for me to try!

Back
Top Bottom