Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

[COLOR=008080]Now that I think about it, unwinding the tube from the turner would make it prime faster and the pump would not have to be running.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008080]As long as none of them were pipped yet, you should be fine.[/COLOR]

No. No pips yet. They just went into lockdown late last night. Humidity is ip to 69%. Just opened the vent all the way. I'll be watching it like a freaking hawk!!!

THANK YOU KYTinpusher for your advice and help!!!!

Humidity is now registering at 66%. Pump is still going but not non-stop. Wait. It just stopped at 67%. Water is in the line.
clap.gif
Good to find this now and fix it before they start pipping and hatching. I use 65% for hatching so you should be good.

Does anyone know where I could buy blue copper marans? I have always wanted to have some , but apparently they are rare and I can't find any. Anyone know where I can buy some? I live in Dripping Springs TX
I think the last auction on the auction page was for these. Maybe she will list more , or you could try contacting her.

No. No pips yet. They just went into lockdown late last night. Humidity is ip to 69%. Just opened the vent all the way. I'll be watching it like a freaking hawk!!!

THANK YOU KYTinpusher for your advice and help!!!!

Awesome!! Glad you found the hole, and fixed it. All 20 eggs to lockdown is impressive!!

As I was reading, I was thinking maybe what sometimes happens to mine had happened to yours.... Sometimes the tubing gets pinched stuck closed, where it wraps around the thing on top of the humidity pump. This happens during the first 18 days, when it sits for days without having to run. I release the tube from the right side, where it feeds down into the water (without pulling the end out of the water), and check my hose in that spot, to make sure its not stuck together.

Just another tidbit to watch for on occasion.

Awesome!! Glad you found the hole, and fixed it. All 20 eggs to lockdown is impressive!!

As I was reading, I was thinking maybe what sometimes happens to mine had happened to yours.... Sometimes the tubing gets pinched stuck closed, where it wraps around the thing on top of the humidity pump. This happens during the first 18 days, when it sits for days without having to run. I release the tube from the right side, where it feeds down into the water (without pulling the end out of the water), and check my hose in that spot, to make sure its not stuck together.

Just another tidbit to watch for on occasion.
A funny thing about mine - it's set on one of those portable tables - turns out the table isn't level. EVEN SLIGHTLY tilted, the water flows right out of the 'bator. I had the pump running constantly, the humidity stayed even, but it ran constantly. Turns out the water was just slowly leaking out at the back of the 'bator.

So, when mine is on the turner, it runs fine, no issues. But when I lock down and bump up the humidity, I have to prop up one end.

Unbelievably, all 20 eggs went into lockdown. Veins and movement were seen in all of them. The worst air sac eggs are in an egg carton (6 of them). I am having a hard time keeping the humidity up. I've got the humidity pump, but it seems that it's having a hard time staying up at 60% with out the small wet sponge. Which is virtually impossible to rewet without opening!

I keep staring at them, hoping to see some sort of wobbles, but it's kinda crowded. Hoping for the best!

Sounds like a big group of chicks! That's good news for me since I've been wanting to get some of her eggs for a while!

Back
Top Bottom