Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Has anyone else that has been tracking egg shipments notice that they are going through extra sorting facilities recently?

I have ordered 8 different boxes of eggs recently. First 3 was a month or more ago - all 3 had the originating post office, the first sorting post office, then my local sorting post office up i Goleta, CA, then my post office.

Next box I got from the SAME person as one of the previous 3, it had an extra stop in Los Angeles (GRRRRRR), before going to Goleta, then to my PO. I have 3 boxes waiting at my post office today - 2 of those (from the same person, in PA) stopped in Los Angeles, the 3rd, from FL -- didn't stop in LaLa land.

I have NEVER, had any shipment I've gotten - ever go to L.A. I am 40 miles north west of LA and 70 miles south east of Goleta.

I figure ANY sorting facility is going to damage the eggs, adding in an EXTRA, unneeded sort is ridiculous.

Has anyone else that has been tracking egg shipments notice that they are going through extra sorting facilities recently?  

I have ordered 8 different boxes of eggs recently.  First 3 was a month or more ago - all 3 had the originating post office, the first sorting post office, then my local sorting post office up i Goleta, CA, then my post office.

Next box I got from the SAME person as one of the previous 3, it had an extra stop in Los Angeles (GRRRRRR), before going to Goleta, then to my PO.  I have 3 boxes waiting at my post office today - 2 of those (from the same person, in PA) stopped in Los Angeles, the 3rd, from FL -- didn't stop in LaLa land.  

I have NEVER, had any shipment I've gotten - ever go to L.A.  I am  40 miles north west of LA and 70 miles south east of Goleta.  

I figure ANY sorting facility is going to damage the eggs, adding in an EXTRA, unneeded sort is ridiculous.  

I ordered eggs last week from Tennessee coming to North Carolina and AFTER they arrived in Greensboro, NC (about 20 mins from my house) they took a detour to Pennsylvania, making 2 stops there, before they were returned to NC after I intervened with the USPS. I am pretty sure it was just operator error, someone not paying attention because who pays attention to a box that clearly says LIVE HATCHING EGGS, FRAGILE! HANDLE WITH CARE, they thought they needed to see the country before they settled down in my incubator I suppose.

I ordered eggs last week from Tennessee coming to North Carolina and AFTER they arrived in Greensboro, NC (about 20 mins from my house) they took a detour to Pennsylvania, making 2 stops there, before they were returned to NC after I intervened with the USPS. I am pretty sure it was just operator error, someone not paying attention because who pays attention to a box that clearly says LIVE HATCHING EGGS, FRAGILE! HANDLE WITH CARE, they thought they needed to see the country before they settled down in my incubator I suppose.

:eek:

I called the localish Consumer Affairs office today (my friendly rep at the PO gave me the number). They told me there are changes at the PO that make it so, that it opens it up to any delivery being sorted to the any sorting facility. So, if a flight is full, it will go on the next flight, which those packages are to be sorted in one city. So items are going the easiest way possible. If they end up in the wrong sorting facility, then it has to go to your local sorting to get to your PO, since there is no direct delivery to the local PO from that sorting facility.

So, 4 of the last deliveries I've received, have gone directly from the original sorting to my sorting facility. The other 4 have gone from originating, to LA to mine. Seems to me that will end up COSTING the PO more money. That doesn't seem to be a money saving change.

I called the localish Consumer Affairs office today (my friendly rep at the PO gave me the number).  They told me there are changes at the PO that make it so, that it opens it up to any delivery being sorted to the any sorting facility.  So, if a flight is full, it will go on the next flight, which those packages are to be sorted in one city.  So items are going the easiest way possible.  If they end up in the wrong sorting facility, then it has to go to your local sorting to get to your PO, since there is no direct delivery to the local PO from that sorting facility.

So, 4 of the last deliveries I've received, have gone directly from the original sorting to my sorting facility.  The other 4 have gone from originating, to LA to mine.  Seems to me that will end up COSTING the PO more money.  That doesn't seem to be a money saving change. 

I agree and a pain for hatching eggs.

My last two shipments did not allow me track at all. I couldn't see any updates. I had to call the PO to check if it arrived.
1f621.png

I feel super off topic, but since you guys were talking about it anyway. All I need is a pair of vise grips and gently twist the spurs back and forth to make em fall off? I noticed a hen with a gash in her back yesterday, so I have a problem with my year old roosters. The hen is alone and being treated.

Last edited:
I feel super off topic, but since you guys were talking about it anyway. All I need is a pair of vise grips and gently twist the spurs back and forth to make em fall off? I noticed a hen with a gash in her back yesterday, so I have a problem with my year old roosters. The hen is alone and being treated.

Firmly twist back and forth with the base of the spur in the pliers... and that twist should mimic a ratchet, not side to side... never try to bend it at all... it will pop loose after it feels like you are breaking their leg, then lift the outer sheath straight off the inner spur, follow the curve of the sheath to clear the inner tip without bending or banging it...

Firmly twist back and forth with the base of the spur in the pliers... and that twist should mimic a ratchet, not side to side... never try to bend it at all... it will pop loose after it feels like you are breaking their leg, then lift the outer sheath straight off the inner spur, follow the curve of the sheath to clear the inner tip without bending or banging it...

OK, I will try to do that next week when I get back in town. I'm leaving for South Carolina tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom