Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

I just "de-spurred" a couple of our roos for that same reason. It's super easy to do. I was a bit nervous to try it at first, but after some reassurance from a couple awesome fellow BYCers, I got 'er done.

*Deep breaths. I will try to do it and not break any legs. My Speckled Sussex is really bad, his will be the first to go,

I just "de-spurred" a couple of our roos for that same reason. It's super easy to do. I was a bit nervous to try it at first, but after some reassurance from a couple awesome fellow BYCers, I got 'er done.

*Deep breaths. I will try to do it and not break any legs. My Speckled Sussex is really bad, his will be the first to go,

I was a nervous wreck! :gig but after WVduckchick did it and told me how simple it really was, I did it too...

You'll do just fine... our minds make it much, much worse than it actually is...

I was a nervous wreck! :gig but after WVduckchick did it and told me how simple it really was, I did it too...

You'll do just fine... our minds make it much, much worse than it actually is...

Yeah, I think I'll be fine once I've pulled one off with no hitches. I just witnessed the de-horning of one out our yearling heifers and it was not pretty. Hoping de-spurring goes better. :fl

Has anyone else that has been tracking egg shipments notice that they are going through extra sorting facilities recently?  

I have ordered 8 different boxes of eggs recently.  First 3 was a month or more ago - all 3 had the originating post office, the first sorting post office, then my local sorting post office up i Goleta, CA, then my post office.

Next box I got from the SAME person as one of the previous 3, it had an extra stop in Los Angeles (GRRRRRR), before going to Goleta, then to my PO.  I have 3 boxes waiting at my post office today - 2 of those (from the same person, in PA) stopped in Los Angeles, the 3rd, from FL -- didn't stop in LaLa land.  

I have NEVER, had any shipment I've gotten - ever go to L.A.  I am  40 miles north west of LA and 70 miles south east of Goleta.  

I figure ANY sorting facility is going to damage the eggs, adding in an EXTRA, unneeded sort is ridiculous.  

The eggs I got from TJ just did that! They came from California, and instead of just coming straight to AZ, they decided to go the Texas first. And then come to me!

Just wanted to say the post office will pay for hatching eggs.

Last edited:
The eggs I got from TJ just did that! They came from California, and instead of just coming straight to AZ, they decided to go the Texas first. And then come to me!
Wow, that's a LONG detour!!! My worst was a box from WA state went to GA, then back to CA. I figured that was just a one letter keying error, but TX vs AZ, that's nuts!! How late were they? Let us know how the hatch goes!

Excellent!!!  What did you use for a reason?  

My box literally was missing for more than 15 days.  Once it was gone for 15, I filed.  I got the box 2 days after I got the refund.  
damaged hatching eggs. They smashed the box destroying the air cells on all but 6 and completely smashing 2. Yolk everywhere. I took 3 or 4 pics showing how it was packaged and the yolk everywhere. They did not even question it.

Wow, that's a LONG detour!!!  My worst was a box from WA state went to GA, then back to CA.  I figured that was just a one letter keying error, but TX vs AZ, that's nuts!!  How late were they?  Let us know how the hatch goes!

Only a day. They were shipped on Monday and came on Thursday. I candled then and most the aircells look amazing!

Back
Top Bottom