Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

After seeing a Raffle group on FB, I was thinking maybe we could do something similar.

What they do is the seller (eggs, chicks, supplies, etc) starts a post with blank spaces, and decides how many spaces and how much each space costs. For example, 20 spots for $4 each. People who want whatever they are raffling pick spots and agree to pay for however many spots they choose (as many as they want up to the total minus one). When all spots are spoken for, it closes, and each person who picked a spot pays their amount. Then a random number generator picks the winning spot.

It might not work so well here exactly like that, but maybe something similar?

Like maybe we could do numbered spaces, with only the winner having to pay an agreed upon total on completion. Choosing a spot is a promise to pay. The random number generator would choose a number and pick the winner. Then the winner could pay.

Thoughts? Other variations?

@cjwaldon started a Games for Eggs thread. This sounds like a fun game for that.

I have a question for y'all. On the auction thread the first post states that you must have 20 posts per BYC's rules in order to participate but the poster says that in order to participate on their auction you must have 250+ posts and be a member for 6 months.
Does the 250+ posts and 6 months rule apply to all auctions or just that initial poster's?

Thank you :)

I have a question for y'all. On the auction thread the first post states that you must have 20 posts per BYC's rules in order to participate but the poster says that in order to participate on their auction you must have 250+ posts and be a member for 6 months.
Does the 250+ posts and 6 months rule apply to all auctions or just that initial poster's?

Thank you :)
BYC rules state that minimum requirements for participating in the BST section is to be 18 years of age and have at least 20 posts... when an OP (Original Poster) creates an auction thread, they can choose to increase the minimum for their auction thread... the 24hr crazy auction thread only has the BYC minimum requirements, the Just In Time auction thread has higher participation requirements for the entire thread...

Back
Top Bottom