Chattanooga, TN (surrounding areas) CHICKEN LOVERS

Hey everyone, quick hello
frow.gif

Hey I've got at least 4-5 Bantam Cochin cockerals that are free for the taking to a good home some where around 3 months old (would need to look at records). These little guys come from my brown/red roo over (2) calico/MF hens.

It is a strange thing that after my awful attack/slaughter it appears only boys were left from all the little ones (some 40), maybe 2 girls, maybe.

I did hatch out 13 more from my blue show pen this last weekend & now two of the three hens that survived are now sitting on 19eggs. So, woohoo, maybe I can still get some real beauties this yr.

Well, welcome to all new "friends" & if interested in the boys holler back.

That's
Finally getting some fresh eggs :)
wee.gif
woot.gif
celebrate.gif
clap.gif
IT'S GREAT ISN'T IT?!!!!!! I need about 20 more laying hens, can't keep up with the demand. It's crazy. My husband gets request from co-workers for at least some 4-6 dozen a week
That's why I raised another 60 layers this year. Demand for gmo free, soy free, free range eggs is phenomenal. I sell eggs from Chattanooga all the way to Knoxville, Oak Ridge, and Maryville.

That's
That's why I raised another 60 layers this year. Demand for gmo free, soy free, free range eggs is phenomenal. I sell eggs from Chattanooga all the way to Knoxville, Oak Ridge, and Maryville.
Hi Redridge, where are you getting your gmo free feed at? I can't find any local. Ours free range most of the time, but I keep feed out for them also. Would love it to be GMO free :)

wee.gif
woot.gif
celebrate.gif
clap.gif

IT'S GREAT ISN'T IT?!!!!!!

I need about 20 more laying hens, can't keep up with the demand. It's crazy. My husband gets request from co-workers for at least some
4-6 dozen a week
Wow Stacy, you went to not selling hardly any and now you can't keep up...... Congrats gal, I'm impressed. Guess I should have got some when we came for a visit, while the getting was good. And yes it is great.

That's

Hi Redridge, where are you getting your gmo free feed at? I can't find any local. Ours free range most of the time, but I keep feed out for them also. Would love it to be GMO free :)

I order my grains through the co-op, non-gmo corn, oats and field peas. Then I grind them (small hammermill) and ferment them prior to adding the other ingredients such as nutribalancer, limestone, alfalfa and fish meal.
The local co-op can get all the ingredients you need once you create your balanced rations.

I order my grains through the co-op, non-gmo corn, oats and field peas. Then I grind them (small hammermill) and ferment them prior to adding the other ingredients such as nutribalancer, limestone, alfalfa and fish meal.
The local co-op can get all the ingredients you need once you create your balanced rations.
Thought about selling your mixture?
Also, have you calculated the price per lb. etc.? just curious

Quote: Actually, I "sort of" do this already...
I have quite a few friends who ferment their chicken rations also. I help them develop rations that work well for them (normally a layer ration and a chick ration).
Then... they order their "other ingredients", and they get their ground grains from me for fermenting.
The most common ration has the same exact grains for layer and for chick, and the calcium and animal protein are adjusted in the "other ingredients" they add.

I buy the grains by the pallet for the best price and pass that price along to friends.
Most of them pick up the ground grains every week, every other week, or once a month, depending on how large their flock is.
So I don't up charge for the grains and normally in exchange for the time it takes to grind and bag we frequently "swap" things... for instance, right now, one of my weaned heifers if hanging out with a friend's two milk cows simply to get her settled and handled since she will be a family milk cow too. Yet another brings me fresh milk each week since I'm between freshened cows right now until Oct.
Another gal really doesn't want to ferment since she free feeds and just leaves a hanging feeder of dry out all the time, so I grind her grains and she adds a different ratio of "other". Everyone is different.

All laid back... I order in bulk... so whatever helps other folks works for me.
Getting organic corn is easy... but it's whole corn, so getting it ground is the issue for most folks. Actually, it's more like cracked. I crack the field peas also, but the oats don't need grinding or cracking.

My last pallet of organic corn ran about $18/bag... I can't for the life of me remember what my field peas and oats are running, but if someone was really interested I could check.
Most of us get our nutribalancer from Dave Waters - he is a distributor and lives close to the intersection of Hwy 60 and Hwy 58.
Everything else comes here on pallets. I'm about 15 minutes off of exit 62 (about an hour north of Chatt).

Back
Top Bottom