Chattanooga, TN (surrounding areas) CHICKEN LOVERS

Hi! I am from Ooltewah and this is our first year having egg layers. Right now we have 184 eggs in our refrigerator. How do you start selling eggs in this area. Also where can you take your meat chickens to get them butchered? I am looking forward to learninng more on this forum.

Laurie

chickens commercially in this area.

For eggs... its all about what you feed, how you raise them, hire you market them. We feed all non-gmo and soy free and free range rotationally with maremma guardians. Those two selling points are extremely important to folks right now and will permit you to get a premium for your eggs.

As far as where... we have weekly and bi-monthly drop points all over east TN - the world is your oyster. ;-)

first -HEY ALL, been awhile since I've been on here. Hope all are doing well & everyone has their chickens ready for winter. I've been very busy starting up a handmade soap biz and making custom signs. Still have all my beautiful LF & bantam COCHINS & we are slowly increasing our laying hen flock because we can't keep up with fresh egg orders :) another coop/pen enlargement come spring.

Just wanted to let you know a friend started a Facebook page for the Chattanooga area to sell, auction & trade chickens/poultry:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/574344112614597/

Hi! I am from Ooltewah and this is our first year having egg layers. Right now we have 184 eggs in our refrigerator. How do you start selling eggs in this area. Also where can you take your meat chickens to get them butchered? I am looking forward to learninng more on this forum.

Laurie
Welcome Laurie
We just started selling to co-workers and the word got around and they become repeat weekly customers. WE can't keep up ,thus we are slowly increasing our laying hen flock.
Not sure about someone to butcher chickens.

first -HEY ALL, been awhile since I've been on here. Hope all are doing well & everyone has their chickens ready for winter. I've been very busy starting up a handmade soap biz and making custom signs. Still have all my beautiful LF & bantam COCHINS & we are slowly increasing our laying hen flock because we can't keep up with fresh egg orders :) another coop/pen enlargement come spring.

Just wanted to let you know a friend started a Facebook page for the Chattanooga area to sell, auction & trade chickens/poultry:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/574344112614597/
I just sent a request to join on facebook.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom