Chaz or Chastity?? Expert Eyes needed!

Sniggle

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 7, 2011
I've got a nearly 18 week old Delaware who I am just not sure about. "She" is quite a bit bigger & has more waddle than my other Del hen, and she is definitely more aggressive. She has little spurs but I've had hens that had big spurs so I don't think that is a good indicator. She also looks 'meaner' than the other one. Will some of you more experienced 'sexers' take a look at her & let me know what you think? The first three pictures of of the 'hen' in question, the last one is of my other hen who I am certain is a girl.

99078_001.jpg

99078_003.jpg

99078_002b.jpg

Here's my other Delaware hen:
99078_005.jpg

I have heard no crowing & I would think I would have by now...I am hoping she is just a BIG hen & not a boy!

I did not know that SpiritDance - I looked all over online at rooster pics & it sure does seem like the Delaware roosters all have barred tails - I am totally new to this breed so I don't have a clue - thanks everybody for your comments! I surely hope she is a she
smile.png
I am just surprised at how different she looks than the other hen, & her tail seems more upright & I was thinking there were saddle-feathers coming in...I've been wrong before & I am so glad that it appears I am wrong this time!

Back
Top Bottom