Cheap building supplies are out there!

Pics
Great idea! Thanks for sharing!
FYI - i just went to my local big box store today and loaded another 12ft trailer 8ft tall with lawn mower crates for free! Ive been doing this for the last 6 yrs and have build my coop, goat houses, well houses, and some very nice corner hutches and other furniture from the wood. It takes some work to take them apart but when 2x4s are $9 a piece, free lumber is never a bad idea.

Big box stores pay to have these shipping crates hauled away for recycling, or worse, hauled to a landfill. Buy re-purposing the wood they save money and so do you. The best part is the wood may be cheap pine or nicer woods such as birch, poplar, oak, and maple and all are free!

Just passing the word to help save yall a buck or two.

My work crew hard at it!

Attachments

• 20210601_174428.jpg
    20210601_174428.jpg
    772.3 KB · Views: 4
No problem! Many folks don't realize that this kind of stuff exists out there and is otherwise wasted.

Reduce, reuse, recycle, and re-purpose helps everyone.
There is a tile shop here in my small town that let me carry away as many of their wood pallets as I could fit in the back of my Tahoe and even offered to help me load them up. They said I was welcome to come back any time I saw them piling up in the back and take what I wanted. I was thrilled to know this and plan another trip over there soon.

Back
Top Bottom