Cheap but good incubators?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Kimblee, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Kimblee

Kimblee In the Brooder

Mar 17, 2007
    My mother claims we MUST have a turner, since she doesn't want to turn them, and the cheapest i can place one like this is about $80 dollars.

Is this the best I can do, or can someone give me a better idea? It'd be used for chickens only AFAIK, and we probably need room for at least a dozen eggs, ideally two or three.

I'm so new to this, and while we have a broody hen, she doesn;t seem to like the eggs we put under her and kicked all but two our from under her...

2. Intheswamp

Intheswamp Crowing

Mar 25, 2009
    South Alabama
    Which incubator did you find with a turner for $80?? I see the Hovabator 1602 with 1611 turner on www.cutlersupply.com for around $92 plus shipping. From what I've heard the Little Giants tend to be problematical and require a good bit of extra attention to them.

FWIW
    Ed

3. chubbydog811

chubbydog811 Songster

Dec 24, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I found little giants were cheaper than the rest (for a larger bator)...I paid $89 for a circulated air LG 9200, and then it was $40 for the turner...Not bad compared to the Hovabator I wanted - with out a turner!
    I found the new LG's work alot better than older ones...You just have to know how to use them (not trying to start a love/hate debate about them, just my opinion [​IMG] )

4. Kimblee

Kimblee In the Brooder

Mar 17, 2007
    ((Sorry it took so long to reply... computer died))

I don;t know. Its at Tractor supply, 40 for the incubator, 40 for the turner.

5. 2txmedics

2txmedics Songster

Jul 5, 2009
    Manvel Texas
    I have an LG 9200...no problems and Im a first time user...I started hatching yesterday and Im popping them out!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

did alot of reading on humidity...and its really not that hard...so far so good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: