Cheap but good incubators?

Kimblee

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 17, 2007
My mother claims we MUST have a turner, since she doesn't want to turn them, and the cheapest i can place one like this is about $80 dollars.

Is this the best I can do, or can someone give me a better idea? It'd be used for chickens only AFAIK, and we probably need room for at least a dozen eggs, ideally two or three.

I'm so new to this, and while we have a broody hen, she doesn;t seem to like the eggs we put under her and kicked all but two our from under her...

Which incubator did you find with a turner for $80?? I see the Hovabator 1602 with 1611 turner on www.cutlersupply.com for around $92 plus shipping. From what I've heard the Little Giants tend to be problematical and require a good bit of extra attention to them.

FWIW
Ed

I found little giants were cheaper than the rest (for a larger bator)...I paid $89 for a circulated air LG 9200, and then it was $40 for the turner...Not bad compared to the Hovabator I wanted - with out a turner!
I found the new LG's work alot better than older ones...You just have to know how to use them (not trying to start a love/hate debate about them, just my opinion
smile.png
)

I have an LG 9200...no problems and Im a first time user...I started hatching yesterday and Im popping them out!!!!

36033_dsc_0142.jpg

36033_dsc_0127.jpg

did alot of reading on humidity...and its really not that hard...so far so good.

Back
Top Bottom