Cheap coop!

oberhaslikid

Crowing
14 Years
Nov 5, 2008
Ohio
I needed another seperated pen to use for breeding pen or grow out pen.I decided to use up what I had around the house to get rid of it. I had left over ends off some fence boards from a fence project.I spent $60 on 2x4s and Plastic roofing.Other then that I had everything else.The wire I got second hand at fleamarket.Its divided with wire in the center to make two 4x8 pens.
This is what I got.
18103_100_0246.jpg

18103_100_0258.jpg

wow! I have never looked for wire at the flea mkt. I will start this weekend to do so. I am building new coops under a 12x20 shed roof. So any wire would be wonderful to find. Your coop will be great in the summer but what about the winter? I didn't see where you live, but chickens do not need to be drafty in winter. Great use of imagination and recycling. Gloria Jean

That's great. I love to put things to use that were just laying around. Nice cage. Does it have a bottom?
Are you going to use it in the winter? Cover it with tarp?

My DH stopped smoking and took up recycling as his hobby.People are always giving him windows and doors.I am gonna take the slider glass out of the storm windows and screw them to the front.To let light in and the ends are covered in plywood.The only opening will be the door and when it get really cold I bring home those 24 inch wide bubble wrap and cover the doors.
The roost is a 1 1/2 inch pvc pipe I had and I didnt even have to cut it. I just ran through the wire to the other side and screwed down.With drywall screws.
DH always says we could move in hours everything is put together with drywall screws.

Back
Top Bottom