Cheap incubator not holding constant temp

Heboghens

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 22, 2017
Hi all, so I have been given an incubator as a gift. It is the same as this one here Miraitian Egg Incubator Digital Fully Automatic Hatcher for 4-35 Eggs Duck Egg,Bird Egg,Turkey Egg Poultry Eggs Hatcher Auto-Turning Simulate the original hatching mode,LED Screen display temperature- Buy Online in Bahrain at bahrain.desertcart.com. ProductId : 209197231.
Hope the link works, not sure if you can buy these in US, I'm in the UK, think it was bought from Amazon.co.uk Anyone on here ever successfully hatched chicks in one? I can see it is a cheap version from China, doesn't even have a brand on it.
Anyway, I tested it for a few hours with no eggs, seemed fine. Now I have 12 of my precious eggs in it, from this morning. It keeps fluctuating between 37 C and 39 C, sometimes going above or below those by .1 which sets off the alarm. I push the button to stop the alarm and then it starts to head up or down the temp gauge again.

This is my first time attempting to incubate eggs , is it all going to go horribly wrong? : (

Also, is that a water tray in the bottom? Am I supposed to fill with water?

I have added some water to the bottom tray, it has a polystyrene case for insulation. Thing is as soon as I press the button to stop it beeping it just starts going down but doesn't seem to stop. Until the alarm goes off at 36.9 C and I press the button again. How am I going to sleep tonight?

Back
Top Bottom