Cheap way to buy an Eglu Cube Chicken Coop.

You might do better cost-wise by looking for free stuff on FB Marketplace and then building your own.

Pine board fencing, free wooden swingsets, pallets, doors, windows, etc.

You can also get good deals on corrugated metal roofing panels and fencing at salvage yards/recycle centers. :)

I just started looking at the Eglu, does anyone know if this unit goes on sale during certain times of the year? I'm willing to shell out the money but I can wait a few months if it typically goes on sale periodically.

I just started looking at the Eglu, does anyone know if this unit goes on sale during certain times of the year? I'm willing to shell out the money but I can wait a few months if it typically goes on sale periodically.
Unless you live in very cool, dry climate, Eglu tend to retain heat and condensation. I wouldn't recommend them unless there's absolutely no other option

i’ve only seen it on sale for their black friday deals, and even then it might be excluded? sometimes they’ll throw in something free with an order (like a blanket or light). agree that climate should dictate whether it’s a good fit. i had one and it was great for cleaning but a terrible match for summers here (KS).

i’ve only seen it on sale for their black friday deals, and even then it might be excluded? sometimes they’ll throw in something free with an order (like a blanket or light). agree that climate should dictate whether it’s a good fit. i had one and it was great for cleaning but a terrible match for summers here (KS).
Darn it, and I’m in Louisiana where it’s 90+ all summer so I’m guessing that wouldn’t be good for the Eglu?

wouldn’t recommend it. Omlet claims that it stays warm in winter and cool in summer because of the double wall plastic. the problem in summer is eventually the air inside the double wall is hot too, and it turns the coop into an oven. i would be out there in the evenings hosing off the INSIDE walls of it trying to cool it off (which worked, but was a huge pain). i had to block my hens out of the coop during the day so they wouldn’t go in to lay and die from the heat (so i had to setup nesting boxes in the run).

easy to clean, but required so much effort and modifications to make suitable for hot weather that it just wasn’t worth it to me to continue using it. i have since expanded my flock and built a new coop/run.

Back
Top Bottom