Check my guesses, these I think are roos ( lots of pics)

HeatherLynn

Crowing
12 Years
May 11, 2009
Kentucky, Cecilia
OK so what I think I have is maybe a brown leghorn but not sure, barred rocks, and maybe SLW's. I have 14 chicks total but I have them broken down into maybe male/maybe female groups. Trying to figure out which ones the kids can get attatched to. I think these are all males. I know nothing about feathers but they all have pretty good sized combs, all are developing waddles, the combs vary in color from pink to red. The Barred rocks do have a dark wash but so did my last roo. On the ones that might be SLW's the breed is not a sure thing. I got this out of an assortment at the farm store. 5 chicks like that 2 with rose combs 2 with regular combs. btw the ones with regular combs are not pink at all and I think might be girls but I do not have their pics done yet.

These are pics of only the ones I think are roos. I will do the gals later on.

BR1 for this one and BR3 their combs are a pale pink but they are getting waddle development and their feathers and color are identical to #2

30964_img_2097.jpg

BR2 such a roo, meanest little chick I have ever seen. constantly attacking hands.

30964_img_2092.jpg

BR3

30964_img_2091.jpg

Mystery brown guy who is possible brown leghorn

30964_img_2095.jpg

30964_img_2096.jpg

Mystery chick/slw? 1

30964_img_2093.jpg

Mystery chick/slw? 2

30964_img_2094.jpg

Mystery chick/slw? 3

30964_img_2099.jpg

30964_img_2100.jpg

Last edited:
Good Morning,I got on the byc to ask abt,"how you can tell~roo from hen"??? Your BR1,2 n 3 all look like the 2of my new ones I have and 1 of them is making some lound sounds that my other/older girls never made when they were this age..HOW DO YOU TELL A ROO FROM HEN???? I have 1GLW and 2 blk ones that are 2 yrs old..We got 2 SLW and 4 RIReds,all born 4/1/10..That was my next ????? how do you put the new ones in the coop w/the older ones???? We CANT have a roo,we r already attached..I hope its not a roo but need to find out for sure,how can I tell??? What do you look for??? How do I get the new babies n older girls adjusted to each other???Whats the secret,so they ALL get along??? Thanks for your help..Pleez post or pm me..Thanks.

Heather,the mystery chick pic looks like 3 of my other new girls n they said they were RIReds?? The other ones look just like my 2 n we were told they were SLW...tooo funny because it looks like you posted pics of my girls...lol mine were born 4/1..

Back
Top Bottom