Check out my BYC Page!

NCchickenmommy

Chirping
10 Years
Jun 30, 2010
Charlotte,NC
Hi Everyone!

Stop by and check out my new BYC page! I'm new to chickens and would love for you to meet my "girls" and see my coop!

Thanks so much!
big_smile.png

Looking now! Welcome to BYC!

ETA: You have a beautiful yard! That is great and all your chickens are so pretty, especially the Light Brahma
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Tigerjane - yes and no. I found several pictures of what I wanted and went over them with my husband, who is a contractor (can't beat that!) The Garden Coop from MPC is definitely one we studied, as well as several found in the small coop designs section here on BYC. We didn't really go by plans just pictures. There are some things I would have like to have done differently, such as making doors accessible from the outside, but he had limited time to build it and it's really not that big of a deal, anyway. I love going in there with my chickens.
smile.png
Also, I still haven't found a way to totally wire in the top open rafters area. We've had no problems so far but I would like to get that done. Finally, for the siding we used planks left over from the fence we had just built. There are small gaps between each plank. Right now that's great because daily temps here in NC are 95-100F! But I'm not sure how I'll "warm" it up in the winter or maybe I won't need to as temps rarely dip below 35F. Anyway, there's a very LONG answer to a simple question!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom