1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Check out my coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenman742, Jan 6, 2014.

1. chickenman742

chickenman742 New Egg

Jan 6, 2014
    Grand Saline, Texas
    After 1 year of work, I finally finished my coop. The house is 8' x 8' and 15' from the ground to the tip of the roof. The yard is 8' x 24'. [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

2. tobit

tobit Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2014
    UK
    what breed/how many are you going to keep in there?

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Very attractive coop! Nice, easy to work with dimensions...covered run, right (hard to tell from the one photo that showed up for me)? It looks odd in the photo...like it's sitting there in the middle of nowhere...lol

4. Didymus

Didymus Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2013
    Very cool coop!!

5. chickenman742

chickenman742 New Egg

Jan 6, 2014
    Grand Saline, Texas
    I bought 12 hens this past Saturday. Most of them are Americana's. They are about 8 months old and look very healthy. I got my first egg today.

I agree that the coop looks like its in a field but it's actually about 80 feet to the right of my house. The coop is designed to match the house (roof line, same shingle, paint, stain, etc.).

Thanks for all the positive comments.

6. chickenman742

chickenman742 New Egg

Jan 6, 2014
    Grand Saline, Texas
    Here is a pic of the house for comparison.

7. chickenman742

chickenman742 New Egg

Jan 6, 2014
    Grand Saline, Texas
    Well I guess I don't know how to add more pics. It shows I downloaded 4 but I only see 1.

8. RhodeIslandRedFan

RhodeIslandRedFan Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    Central PA
    Very nice! Looks like you desgined it with comfort and safety in mind. Very lucky chickens [​IMG]

9. BarredBuff

BarredBuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    [​IMG]
    Nice!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by