Check out this Vintage Chick-U-Bator :)

Hi, My son has a newer version of this. I just started a test run in it to see what happens. Most say they are junk. I plan to put it to the test. I'll let you know in 21 days how it goes.
Nancy

I'm pretty sure I had one of those when I was little, too. I did have three chickens way back then. Guess it worked. Thanks for posting the picture!!

.... or your folks picked up 3 chicks at the feed store when you weren't looking.​

Quote:
.... or your folks picked up 3 chicks at the feed store when you weren't looking.

Yes... I guess there is certainly a chance of that happening... the things we will do to avoid disappointing our kiddos!
Uh-oh... maybe this writers parents did the same thing... http://writersrest.blogspot.com/2011/02/chick-u-bator-blues-when-i-was-11-years.html
Hmmmm
... guess I will just have to go for it and see for myself!
smile.png

Quote:
Super!
smile.png
What a cute chickie!
I really like the wire mesh wall and floor yours has... my model was pre-mesh... think I'll make something similar to go in mine!

OMG thats funny!! looks like a flying saucer..bet it works better than a lot of todays..Im getting a better incubator , I feel like a mad scientist trying to keep that stupid LG under control..getting to hate that thing..stresses me out too much..
we heat with wood if it warms up the thing doesnt shut itsself off, it just keeps rolling or when temp drops (we heat primarily with wood) it holds it around 98 but jees its stressful..Iget myself so worried that I had a dream last night that they all hatched and were running around in one of those barbie palaces..Thats how much sleep Ive been getting..none.

My freind who also has an LG set del eggs in it several times would get one or 3 here and there out of a doz.. but really no luck..then she set 32 barnvelders for someone else and darn it all but 2 of those eggs hatched..we just cant explain it..she heats with wood also.

Back
Top Bottom