check out this waterer!

The bird bath heater sounds good. Thanks for the suggestion. My projected system would be a 5 gal bucket with a pvc line run off of it several feet to different pens. Depending on how cold it is, I'm wondering if the last pen to receive water via pvc line would start freezing up. The water would get cooler as it proceeded down the line. Hence my question about the heat tape on the pvc line. It would make sense to me if a lot of people have pvc plumbing, then some of them must use heat tape in the winter...? Having said that, insulation wrap is required around the heat tape. How would one avoid the chickens from picking at it? I'm open to suggestions from anyone that uses a similar type system.

Thanks!

Last edited:
thumbsup.gif
I'm wonderin the same thing up hee-ah in the nawth-un new hamp-shy-ah!
wink.png

Me & My Peeps :

I made mine a few months ago. I got the nipples from Neil Grassbaugh here on BYC! Great guy, awesome prices and fast shipping. He's VERY helpful and will answer all of your questions to be sure that your ordering the right items, as well as making sure that you dont order more than you need.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/profile.php?id=15206

Same here, didn't cost more that 10$ total!!! My chicks picked up on it right away! And Neil was very patient with all my questions!!!​

Back
Top Bottom