Check out where THIS hen decided to lay! *pic*

When I still had my entire flock, I found nests under a brushpile, under an unused camper shell, and a couple of times on a plastic bag in the garage. They weren't let out until later in the day, so they were deliberately holding back and hiding them.

I had a SSH that used to go under the fence, lay her eggs under a storage trailor on the neighbor's property, come back under the fence. Wonder if they've ever found all those eggs???

We just recently found two staches. One underneath our propane tank and the other in a hollowed out pile of pine needles. The one under the tank had more than two dozen in it!!!

This is about the goofiest place my girls decided to lay. This was in my first year of raising chickens. I'd been wondering what had happened to all my fresh eggs! I fondly referred to it as the "redneck Eggloo".
lau.gif

RIRedneckeggloo015-1.jpg
RIRedneckeggloo017-1.jpg

Last edited:
Most of my free-range girls will lay in the coop. Chickens like to lay in out of the way places, so they will usually find a hidey-hole, out of the usual traffic patterns. Stepping on one is never a problem--FINDING them is my problem!

Back
Top Bottom