CHECK PICS PROGRESS and help me find out if goat is pregnant, please!

Happy Camper

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 19, 2012
Puerto Rico
i posted before about my goat. But I got all dates messed up and was wrong about her due date. BEFORE I thought if she was pregnant she'd be due April 15 ish... and after that date I just forgot about it...

Then a couple days ago I noticed her udder filling (this is my 1rst goat and would be her 1rst "pregnancy")...

Well this is her (rear view) on March 3rd

This is her udder today May 1rst:

WELL THAT iS GROWING RIGHT??? I can't feel the baby though. I kind of notice some thinning of ligaments but they are still there. AFTER double and triple checking I got May 12-14 as the due date...

WOULD THIS BE TOO SMALL OF AN UDDER FOR A DUE DATE 2 WEEKS FROM NOW? AM I SEEING THINGS OR SHE LOOKS PREGGERS? Please be opinionated and say what you think! Thanks!

It does look like her udder has grown a bit. If she is due in a couple of weeks, that size is fine. Some goats don't really bag up until just after they give birth - particularly first time moms. The ligaments won't disappear until about 24 hrs before she births. Keep checking the ligaments closer to the time you suspect she may be due just to be safe and hopefully in a few weeks congratulations will be in order
smile.png

It does look like her udder has grown a bit. If she is due in a couple of weeks, that size is fine. Some goats don't really bag up until just after they give birth - particularly first time moms. The ligaments won't disappear until about 24 hrs before she births. Keep checking the ligaments closer to the time you suspect she may be due just to be safe and hopefully in a few weeks congratulations will be in order
smile.png
Ok, so can I get officially excited??? I am the only farmer in my family and I noticed her changes and bragged everywhere about her being pregnant. Then when she did not kid I was so disappointed and confused... but of course I had the dates wrong. This time I will keep excitement to myself and will just show the kid when it is born
tongue2.gif

I would love to feel the baby (ies)!!! I have tried touching her right side (meaning I lean over her bending my back - her head to my left hand and rear to my right hand- and reach over her right side... is this right?

Last edited:
I would agree with contained excitement until you have further proof!
fl.gif

If you can't feel it/them, don't worry about it. I've never been able to feel the babies on one of my goats. I don't know what she does with them when I feel her, but she's had twins and I never felt them!
Most likely you'll only get one since it's her first time. Twins and triplets are more common as the doe gets a little older and then they go back to singles before retirement.

Back
Top Bottom