CHECK THIS OUT!

Mama Bird

Chirping
15 Years
Mar 28, 2007
yessssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!! I did it!
wee.gif
Ive heard from many chicken lovers such as myself that once you put a fertile egg in the fridge it dies.
sad.png
well i wanted to find out for sure. I asked Safeway in my hometown if anyone has ever taken their fertile eggs and tryed to hatch them. The manager said no that his cousins had chickens and that they died when you refridgerated them.
hmm.png
I went in with my 2 doallars and 16 cents and bought a DOZEN feritle eggs. and what do you know 21 days later they.......... HATCHED!!
yippiechickie.gif
HIP HIP HORRAY!
ep.gif
i know im problably not the first to do this but it was exiting!
big_smile.png
i got 8 out of 12 the first 4 hours! anywayz just updating you guys. well everyone have a good day today!!
wee.gif

Last edited:
I've never heard of purchasing fertile eggs in the grocery store. Are they supposedly superior for eating?

Congrats! That's really cool.

I did this about 3 months ago and found this site yesterday so thats why i posted this. Thanks for all the congrats! i will try to post pics but i gave them to my best friend for her birthday. So i will go to her house to take pics this weekend hopefully.
big_smile.png
They all were very white like leghorns. I THINK VERY DIFFERENTLY ABOUT THE EATING FERTILE EGGS! sorry its just i think of that as eating a baby chick, dont get me wrong i live for the whole breakfest eggs and chicken dinners just not the eggs that are basically baby chicks! sorry. lol :eek: i honestly think some people think they taste better. so thats why i think safeway sells them. But im not going to be the one to find out!
lol.png
what do you guys think??
hu.gif

I think it's amazing!! How long were they in the refrigerator? Would the lenth of time in the refrigerator make a difference? Ooh, does that mean that I am eating unborn chicks? Can't spoil me. I never have eggs more than a few days old.An egg, is an egg, is an egg!! Unless it's incubated, it's an egg! Right?? Merry

You can actually let an egg sit at normal fridge temp for one week and it would be the same as letting it sit outside for 3 weeks, and at near freezing for something like 2 days. There is this really old embryology book that has tons of chicken stuff with the real info in it. Good hatch!

Mine were in the safeway isle for about 2 days and then in my fridge for about a week. I think you would be safe for about 4 weeks in the fridge. The ones that i hatched 3 days ago that i posted about were in the fridge for about 3 weeks and they all hatched out fine. and yes that means that you are eating unborn chicks! srry to tell ya!
lol.png
Thats ok i dont think they felt it.
wink.png
and wrong, the difference is an egg that is unfertilized is no where near even having the potential of becoming a chick. But a fertilized one has the potential of becomeing a chick. Right? dont you think so? to me thats a difference. But anywayz im just lovin life right now and all of my chickens!
big_smile.png
just as a guess how old do you guys think i am?
roll.png
wee.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom