Check your smoke detectors

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by max13077, Jan 4, 2009.

1. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We stick to changing our batteries when the time changes. Set your clock, check your batteries.....

3. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Do a check every month......usually on the first of each month then I dont forget....I am fanatical about it, my grandmother died in a house fire... (apartment) started by her careless neighbour (underneath) my grandmother was the only person to die in that fire, she was on the top (4th floor).....

I have never gotten over the circumstances......

4. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    We too do a check every month.
    I also just replaced the batteries in the Carbon Monoxide detector

that' another one everyone should have in their home and apt.

5. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Absolutely! What a sad tragedy. The fire dept. that my DH works at, hands out smoke detectors for free. They will even send the fire fighters out to install them for you. If you don't have smoke detectors installed in your home or if they no longer work, please contact your local fire dept. and see if they have a program in place to get some installed.

6. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    Tragic. We've had several housefires in our state, and unfortuantely, death came of some.

Thank you for running this through. I always change mine around this time (the batteries) but with everything going on in my life lately, I had forgotten.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by