Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
Everything has been great here for the most part! Ive been raising 15 home hatched chicks from my flock, to add to my flock of 25. One of my hens has been the star of the show with 100% hatch rate from her eggs that ive put in the incubator. My silkie rooster, Buckwheat, unexpectedly fathered a chick (i didnt know he was getting busy lol) who is identical to him! My other favourite silkie had 3 eggs hatch from this batch of chicks which was a happy surprise because she is so well natured. Quail and hens are laying like crazy. Predators have been minimal.

Unfortunately we very unexpectedly lost a Cayuga duckling this morning that we just got. :( heart breaking. Her 3 siblings are doing well though and are so adorable.

Happy Spring everyone!

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
i still have chickens,ducks.again had predator attacks from Weasels.i started out with 25 chickens and now have 12.(5 roosters).
everyone is laying now including the ducks.I am cooking eggs for dinner atleast twice a week.lol

Hello! Checking in. Here are some current guinea pics. The birds are out on tick patrol.
20240422_132212.jpg

20240422_132200.jpg

Hello! I started on this page two years ago with my rooster Dottie. Fast forward to now and I have a flock of 6. They’re the best part of my day. I’m working through Dottie’s broken spurs and one potential case of bumblefoot but trying my best to keep them happy and healthy. Any recommendations on treatment would be greatly appreciated!

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hello everyone! I unfortunately had to rehome all my birds. My living situation changed and my family is now living in an RV in an RV Park. Which makes it nearly impossible to take care of 6 birds. I can only hope that the new owner of the chickens will treat them like the wonderful creatures they are. I miss them daily (my family raised them from baby chicks). Hope to start a coop again one day when we have our own property. 🥰

Hello again! Lots going on for me so far this year haha!

My guinea hens have just started laying, I found the first egg of the year in the coop yesterday! They are officially two years old now, their birthday was in March :>

I've been making lots of improvements to their coop so far this spring, I am replacing the last section of chicken wire with hardware cloth, and adding a little "spa" area to their run for them to take dust baths in! Some of the wind events we got this winter & the resident mice have also really done a number on the tarps on the roof, so that's on my list to fix this spring too. Plenty to keep me busy!

Doing good here. Looking forward to spring and warmer weather

Been busy like everyone else it seems. Boy time flies by. Our chickens have luckily been healthy and just keep laying eggs. Our winter was not that cold or long, but we had very long, rough molt and finally back to everyone laying. Still have my 5 hens, but one acts like a rooster (still lays but jumps on the backs of the other hens), one crows like a rooster some mornings (still lays eggs), one likes to hide her eggs in the yard, one tried to hatch everyone else's eggs and my Violet Beauregarde does right (no drama).

Hey there!
Our small family farm is currently waiting on new chicks, I have been inactive as a member because I am postpartum :)

Back
Top Bottom