Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and
We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)

let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
I have 8 chicks right now. They are 4 weeks old today. I will eventually add them to my little flock of 6 hens and a little rooster.

I'm still here, tho haven't popped in for a good while now. Still got my chickens, though my love for chickens has expanded into a love for wildlife and aquatic species, currently building and expanding my fish tank selection.

Pic of a tank i built only from materials i found in a creek
Do you have any rabbits?

I sort of forgot about Backyard Chickens, because I was completely blocked on the Facebook group and I have no idea why. I didn't receive a warning and I don't know what I did. I can't even see the page on a Facebook search. Totally baffled. I do realize this app is different, but it's still BYC. I wish I knew what happened. Anyway, hello and I'm still chickening. We have a small flock of 20 of various breeds, both hens and roos.

Attachments

• 20240304_162424.jpg
    20240304_162424.jpg
    904.8 KB · Views: 2
Hello -
We also have no birds at the moment - we think a fox is our culprit. We sold the old coop and I'm looking for a new small one to set up after the camper leaves our back yard. And wanting to focus on a few people-loving hens. There's a rooster close by and his morning song is good enough. :)

Good morning Rob,
Thanks so much for asking!

This is my first time raising chickens & the past 2 yrs have been an adventure! I have BR's, EE's & Wyandottes. Words can not express how comforting it is to have found Backyard Chickens. It has proven to be an invaluable resource with extremely helpful, like-minded people.
If someone had told me 2 yrs ago that I would absolutely love my birds, I would have laughed. Dirty backyard chickens-nope, not me! I truly enjoy keeping them clean, healthy & happy. I seem to have accomplished that with the kind assistance of this forum. My husband has learned that I do not see caring for our birds as "work". I have a cross-beak EE that has amazed us with her agility, intelligence & will to live. Her beak is trimmed regularly and w/ several food stations/supervised free range/chicken tractors she is integrated & self sufficient. Taught my birds "up" & "down" commands as youngsters, so they know to associate the action w/command. Two lighter weight(4lbs) EE's will leap up onto my arm for treats, my rooster will stop so I can pick all 8 lbs of him up & cuddle. Who loves their rooster? I do! Besides being a handsome Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, he tries to feed & protect me. Their differing personalities & voices between breeds & individuals intrigues me. Yes, I could go on & on, but I will stop & send a big "Thank you!!" to the kind, knowledgeable people here. Perhaps one day I will be able to contribute to the conversation & help someone.
Plz forgive the randomness of this message. Now it's time to go outside and hold a bird, or two, or......😊
Your rooster sounds adorable and I'm happy to read about how much you love caring for your chickens. :)

I sort of forgot about Backyard Chickens, because I was completely blocked on the Facebook group and I have no idea why. I didn't receive a warning and I don't know what I did. I can't even see the page on a Facebook search. Totally baffled. I do realize this app is different, but it's still BYC. I wish I knew what happened. Anyway, hello and I'm still chickening. We have a small flock of 20 of various breeds, both hens and roos.
psssttt.....The website, here, is better than Facebook.

Thanks! Life has happened for me 😂 we grew our flock last fall when two hens went broody so I let them go. One stayed on one egg. The other hid 15. When we moved her from her spot she only had 9 left. Then when she hatched had 4 total. 2 new Roosters and then the rest hens. Oh this happened after getting 6 new chicks from tractor supply😂. 3 Rhode Island reds and 3 Plymouth blue rocks.

Then this spring we've lost one of our old Silver laced wyandottes. What got her we don't know but down to 2 originals and the rooster now.

Back
Top Bottom