Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
The chickens have been doing well. There are a few that still get me worried, like Betty whose ascites need constant attention, and Butterfly (4 yr old ISA brown), whose cohorts of same breed and age all died in the span of a few months for unknown reasons. Still, the rest are healthy, and we have more eggs than we know what to do with. Our friends really appreciate our colorful eggs!

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Finally got around to getting a new incubator and have 30 eggs setting right now. Looking forward to seeing how they develop in the new incubator.

Hi there, life got busy in a kind of tragic way, in that my husband ended up in the ICU last Memorial Day and we've been navigating our new life with paralysis. We bought a new house to better suit everyone's needs and have been in the process of remodeling it, we've been going to physical therapy weekly, and of course spending way more time with the birds! Last April, I took in two BBW turkey poults that ended up stealing our hearts 💜 our flock is sitting at 54 birds total now, from bantams to guineas and turkeys to bachelor flocks. Quite a challenging experience being the sole chicken tender with that kind of number! Below is my husband with Barb, who is completely infatuated with him 😍
54 is a BIG number! Hopefully hubby is improving weekly, can't imagine the life change for you both. I'm on the other side of ATL in Lilburn, fun to see an almost neighbor here!

I'm the sole chicken herder....for all three of them!.....

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
I moved halfway across the country and sadly, I had to leave my little flock behind. Hopefully some day soon I’ll be able to start up a new flock.

Wow! So cool that they hatched despite the cold temps!
I thought it was a lost cause because they were so cold but it was for less than 8 hours that she want laying on them. So I tried it. All of our chicks are predominantly black because pappa is a Black Cochin roo, but our Buff Orpingtons have produced two beautiful golden chicks. Out of that frozen cold lot. So I am excited about it.

Hello! Yes, it HAS been awhile since I logged in - I have been very busy with work, my garden, grandsons, and my small flock. This site was SO helpful when we first started out with keeping chickens (and still IS). Everyone is so friendly and willing to help!
I have recommended BYC to several friends, who are just starting their adventure with chickens. We are planning to get chicks soon - we are down to only 4 hens now (Black Australorps). Thank you BYC for the wonderful community and the knowledge that it provides!

Hi . The tornados and really bad storms missed us here in northeast Nebraska today. Thanks for reaching out to me. Yes it's been a very busy time since Christmas. My barred rock hen has a creamy diarrhea that stays on her feathers. The other 3 hens are fine. Any hints before I check with my vet! Thanks for any suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom