Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Hey everyone! Have been all good here, thanks for checking in. I have no birds at the moment, we lost all of our chickens to some predator all in the night in November. Here we’re probably not going to get any chickens for awhile until we rebuild and predator proof our chicken coop.
Hello! I'm sorry about your chickens. Hope you can get more soon :)!

Not too much good news. I live in the center of town but am surrounded by groups of trees. First lost 6 chicks to a puppy that I had adopted from Mayfield animal shelter. Had to return her. She was a chi/terrier. then something killed my rooster boy who was left from the second group that Peanut killed. Left his girlfriend alone and was such a loner. My 7 grown girls picked on her. My 7 goofballs slept on top of the coop instead of in the coop. Then I lost 3 more girls. During this time, last month I trapped a racoon and then an opossum. the racoon after Darcy from the animal pound took it to a vet found that the racoon had Parvo. So, now I have 10 babies that are about 3 weeks old and 2 baby ducks. So i have 4 I hope girl ducks, not sure, so far no curly tails. Oh and as it gets dark I have to go out and grab each of my 6 remaining girls and throw them into the coop and lock them up. My 4 4month old duck girls do not seem to be bothered, yet they sleep outside huddled together.
I'm sorry you haven't had much good luck with your birds. I hope this year goes better for you, and your little ones grow up strong. :hugs

I'm just checking in. Saying hello. I haven't hatched chicks in like 6 years. Incubator is collecting dust. But thinking about trying to hatch eggs from trader joes

Well funny you should ask. We asked our tiny flock of bantams to join us on a cross country track to the east coast via car last summer and they were such wonderful passengers. Now they're living in a wonderful yard with lots of trees and grass and 4 seasons to get used to. They are all very happy.
That's so cool! I moved across WA a few years ago with my six hens, and it was quite the adventure. 😅

Hi Everybody! It's been a hot minute since I've posted! 😅 Since my last post I am sad to report that I lost all of my original hens except one in a dog attack. 😞 After the attack I got two more but one went missing so I currently only have two hens in my coop.
I'm so sorry to hear that. :hugs I hope you can keep your two remaining hens safe and happy. Best of luck to you in your chicken adventures!

Still have two of my original chickens, they’re older but still laying! I don’t post here much, but still lurk, and learn from what everyone else is talking about!
I'm glad to hear you've still got chickens! Lurking is okay, but we'd love to hear more of what you've been up to, if you have the time. :)

We are super buy touring colleges for my oldest! 😳 Other than lambing season, home schooling, and kids sports, what else do I have time for? Lol Here are a couple new additions to the flock. You better believe, I may not talk, but I do peek in here and there. I tell everyone about this site! It helped me tremendously in my beginning days, diagnosing times, and even ideas. Thank you to the entire community!View attachment 3813635
I'm so glad you've found us helpful. Best of luck to you and your kids! I'm currently in college, and I know how stressful the application process can be. :hugs

Beautiful birds as well!

Thanks for the check in inspo! I’ve been busy but always making time for my chicken 💩lol. I had my first unsolicited and successful hatch from my serama roo (rip owl got him right as they were starting to hatch 😭) and a porcelain duccle and golden seabright hen
6 in all hatched 🐣 View attachment 3813160View attachment 3813167
So sorry to hear about your rooster, but it's awesome that you hatched some of his chicks! They're absolutely adorable. :love

Back
Top Bottom