Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Been doing good and busy like every other feather brained farmer. We have ducks now and some of our older girls have gotten quite broody and determined to hatch out some of their own eggs. Luckily we have plenty of other girls laying daily and glad to share in the eggstra eggs.
Thanks for the update! Glad things are well! Sounds like your chicken family may be growing soon!

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Welcome back @chipawalady, how have you been?

We also got busy! 😂 But our farm has still been growing and growing. We built a new coop with even more area for the birds to free range, and our flock has expanded to include two dozen chickens, a dozen ducks, and a turkey! We got a new Golden Retriever puppy, who loves the birds and protects them and lets them climb all over her. She's only six months old but is already so well accustomed to the birds and how fragile they are, she's so gentle and snuggly they love her too! She's never hurt any of them and I'm sure never will, though she patrols to keep hawks and other predators away. ☺️
Thanks for the update! Would love to see photos!

I found it quite entertaining to get a message from Nifty asking me to post here, because I'm @HorseGirlAbby's alternate account that she keeps forgetting about all the time and should probably just delete. :p

But anyway, it's nice to hear from everyone who's really been gone for a while!

I found it quite entertaining to get a message from Nifty asking me to post here, because I'm @HorseGirlAbby's alternate account that she keeps forgetting about all the time and should probably just delete. :p

But anyway, it's nice to hear from everyone who's really been gone for a while!
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Hello, sadly my sweet friendly ducks are gone. There is a new duck who occasionally flies in and yesterday she was here and has a bad foot and was limping just terrible. I almost can't take the emotional stress of seeing these creatures suffer......I know, I know, a big part of life and discussed so often on the forum. Been thinking of getting some quail, it's just SO HOT down here all the time and so many raccoons. I have a lot of reading to do! It's so frustrating, my grandparents had chickens/ducks/guinea hens on the farm in the rural Dakotas and they never did anything special for them and they roamed freely etc and they were just fine. I wonder have things changed that much or do we overthink everything. I'm really not sure. Take care all!
Sorry for your frustration! Quail may be a good idea for you!

Doing well! Very busy though. Our hens are 4yrs old now. We had 5 originally; 2 black australorps, 2 buff orpingtons and 1 black star hen. We have lost 3 of them but the 2 that are left are well. Our buff hen, Cornpuff (Puff for short) just underwent a successful hysterectomy and us recovering at home. Love our hens!
Thank you for the update! I'm glad to hear that Cornpuff is doing better. She looks happy. 🥰 Who's the Black Australorp in the background? She's a pretty girl.

Yes I'm still here! It has been a while, just plugging away at hatching eggs! We donated a couple hundred eggs to our local 4-H, and as of now our eggs have reached over 400 kids in the schools. On top of that, we have hatched out 28 turkey poults and 4 geese, and there's another round of turkey eggs in the incubator along with a couple dozen chicken eggs that we are hatching for some friends. Spring is in the air!
Wow, that's a lot of hatching (and kids)! How exciting! I love seeing members on here that do that. Thank you for the update. :frow

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
My husband hatched a batch of 19 chickens. That's a covid of chickens if you weren't aware. We now have 11 roosters. We built a monastery for them so they can live lives of celibacy away from all those hens. They love it!

Back
Top Bottom