Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

U r right...I have been busy. I sometimes on website, just not signed in. Right now I have 5 ducks, & 6 chickens....one is a beautiful rooster. Also have Brody Pekin sitting on about 9 eggs. Should be hatching in 7-8 days.
Thanks for the update! Hope to see pics of the new ducklings!

Hello, yes, busy times but still enjoying our flock, despite their destructive behaviours in our gardens 😉.

Attachments

• 20230619_142545.jpg
    20230619_142545.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
The site has been very helpful in getting me up and running. Sadly, I usually only come here to get help when some problem comes up and need a solution. I should come more often just to browse.
Lots to see around here. We have a broad range of discussions not only about poultry, but ranging from art, to homesteading, science, games, music, and hobbies of all kinds. Even some Buy/Sell/Trade threads.

We've got 3 hens, thought about getting more this year ... probably big-bodied good layers such as Buff Orpingtons ... but with our new house getting finished up and moving in, we decided to wait until next year ... and build a bigger, nicer, coop and run (lots of hawks here, so the fenced-in run is necessary, including being enclosed by fencing on top)...
Thanks for stopping by! Good luck with new projects!

Day job is brutal, not only for the travel schedule but for what I do. Don't ask – believe me when I say I'm the Mike Rowe of Psychiatric Nursing. But darn that mortgage.
One of these days I'll be worrying about chickens and goats instead of mentally ill people. One of these days.
Surprise package? Chicken Christmas!
Thanks for stopping by! Hopefully things will normalize so you can have critters again. In the meantime, still fun to chat!

I thought it was a lost cause because they were so cold but it was for less than 8 hours that she want laying on them. So I tried it. All of our chicks are predominantly black because pappa is a Black Cochin roo, but our Buff Orpingtons have produced two beautiful golden chicks. Out of that frozen cold lot. So I am excited about it.
Thanks for stopping by! Would love to see chick pics!

Back
Top Bottom