Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
It's been a minute.Reduced our flock to 4 Rhode Island red's In a tractor. Great layer's.

So much has happened since I last checked in. My rooster and hens have to go. The village has changed the laws and with my birds they consider us a "Hobby Farm".
I was served a warrant last week and given 30 days to remove the birds from the property or I would be fined $500 and have possible jail time of 15 days! Can you believe that? On January 1st they were legal. 2 months later they were not. Everyone that has less than 5 acres has to remove any animal that is not a household pet.
So, my rooster is being held by the kind woman who gave him to me until such time as I can get him back.
The girls are going to be kept by a friend of ours that wants chickens. He is going to use mine as a test run to see if he really wants to have any. His set up is great! He has a barn with a chicken coop indoors that is 14'x14'. We are going to go over and help him fence in an outdoor area attached to the barn.
My house goes on the market next week and we are looking for a place that doesn't have stupid laws that prevent the ownership of an animal that doesn't harm a soul and gives so much in return for just being fed and housed.
I am so angry that I hadn't been able to eat or sleep until our friend came to the rescue. My girls will be well taken care of and I will still be able to see them and get eggs. I love my Shetland hens so much. They are pets with benefits!

Howdy folks, been busy with other stuff around the farm and ain’t been on here for quite while.
Cattle are our main focus, still have chickens, too many chickens but I’ve never been good with math and apparently even worse with chicken math.
Anyways not much new on the chicken front until recently had a few hens go broodin and got two sitting on eggs so without counting before they hatch looks like the possibility of adding a few more chickens.

wife and I have been busy of late. Got started on a hobby farm type thing. Kids, Goats, chickens, dogs, cats. We gotta finish unpacking and complete the new coop build, but making progress.
Dang fluffy butts are temporarily in the garage by night and free range back yard and pasture by day.

73464605657__9CD76BBD-6DC1-4E73-9434-AD46F9DFCBDB.jpeg 73627307368__31A31985-DBA5-4691-AB54-1378A76D3DDD.jpeg 73689802589__E5B31A26-500B-4DAF-85F8-0FF108C6F87E.jpeg

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
I’ve been absent a long time. Moved from the USA to Italy for family reasons and only now starting up again with 3 girls. I’d almost forgotten how much fun they can be. Started off with a cheap ready made coop but will have something a little larger and safer before summer ends. I have a Blck Marans, and Easter Egger (cross of Legbar and ) and a Auracana. I should have my first colorful biggest in about a month. So excited.

So much has happened since I last checked in. My rooster and hens have to go. The village has changed the laws and with my birds they consider us a "Hobby Farm".
I was served a warrant last week and given 30 days to remove the birds from the property or I would be fined $500 and have possible jail time of 15 days! Can you believe that? On January 1st they were legal. 2 months later they were not. Everyone that has less than 5 acres has to remove any animal that is not a household pet.
So, my rooster is being held by the kind woman who gave him to me until such time as I can get him back.
The girls are going to be kept by a friend of ours that wants chickens. He is going to use mine as a test run to see if he really wants to have any. His set up is great! He has a barn with a chicken coop indoors that is 14'x14'. We are going to go over and help him fence in an outdoor area attached to the barn.
My house goes on the market next week and we are looking for a place that doesn't have stupid laws that prevent the ownership of an animal that doesn't harm a soul and gives so much in return for just being fed and housed.
I am so angry that I hadn't been able to eat or sleep until our friend came to the rescue. My girls will be well taken care of and I will still be able to see them and get eggs. I love my Shetland hens so much. They are pets with benefits!
This is a bitter sweet update! I love your attitude and I am hoping you have a fast sale of the house and find a better place soon!

Howdy folks, been busy with other stuff around the farm and ain’t been on here for quite while.
Cattle are our main focus, still have chickens, too many chickens but I’ve never been good with math and apparently even worse with chicken math.
Anyways not much new on the chicken front until recently had a few hens go broodin and got two sitting on eggs so without counting before they hatch looks like the possibility of adding a few more chickens.
Chicken Math is awesome! Especially when you start getting Brodie hatches LOL!

Please post some pictures of them when they hatch.

I’ve been absent a long time. Moved from the USA to Italy for family reasons and only now starting up again with 3 girls. I’d almost forgotten how much fun they can be. Started off with a cheap ready made coop but will have something a little larger and safer before summer ends. I have a Blck Marans, and Easter Egger (cross of Legbar and ) and a Auracana. I should have my first colorful biggest in about a month. So excited.
:pop Are you in Florida or Italy?

It sounds like quite a lot has been going on in your life.

Do you have plans for building a bigger coop when you are more settled in?

Back
Top Bottom