Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

this is awkward lol, can’t believe i was messaged about being inactive. I still remember how I used to spend every waking minute on this website when I was younger!! Being homeschooled really was a privilege I didn’t take seriously🫠

But yea, I’ve just been busy lately, mostly with school. I’m a junior in high school, so lots of prepping for college going on. Oh and for those of you who know what APs are, exam week started last week and will be continuing throughout next week so I have been pretty much camping out at the library like a literal refugee to study. I am also downsizing all the animals that I have because nobody could take care of them once I leave for college. That’s a depressing recap lol. I promise it’s not all bad. I just went to see New York for the first time a few weeks ago and that was super fun!! I will check in more over the summer but I do have a lot planned so it will definitely be chaotic.
I remember you, ❤️ thanks for stopping by! 😊

An update - There is hope. Because both my husband and I have been diagnosed with anxiety/panic disorder and he is a 100% disabled veteran, we fall under the ADA umbrella. Hopefully we can get a letter assigning "emotional support animals" to our hens. And, I must admit, that they are.
I may have to give my friend the 4 EEs. When it comes to who to keep I lean toward my SHs.
My Shetland hens will sit on my lap, the baby Shetlands are getting there. They are not flighty or easily frightened. I wish I could get a few more of them.
But, the hearing date has yet to be set. Until then, I will enjoy them all!

An update - There is hope. Because both my husband and I have been diagnosed with anxiety/panic disorder and he is a 100% disabled veteran, we fall under the ADA umbrella. Hopefully we can get a letter assigning "emotional support animals" to our hens. And, I must admit, that they are.
I may have to give my friend the 4 EEs. When it comes to who to keep I lean toward my SHs.
My Shetland hens will sit on my lap, the baby Shetlands are getting there. They are not flighty or easily frightened. I wish I could get a few more of them.
Wishing you the best!

this is awkward lol, can’t believe i was messaged about being inactive. I still remember how I used to spend every waking minute on this website when I was younger!! Being homeschooled really was a privilege I didn’t take seriously🫠

But yea, I’ve just been busy lately, mostly with school. I’m a junior in high school, so lots of prepping for college going on. Oh and for those of you who know what APs are, exam week started last week and will be continuing throughout next week so I have been pretty much camping out at the library like a literal refugee to study. I am also downsizing all the animals that I have because nobody could take care of them once I leave for college. That’s a depressing recap lol. I promise it’s not all bad. I just went to see New York for the first time a few weeks ago and that was super fun!! I will check in more over the summer but I do have a lot planned so it will definitely be chaotic.
I'm sorry that you don't have time for a flock, but with a good education, you'll be able to live well, and provide for your pets too. Good luck with your education!

I do understand how hard it can be to take care of the girls when one gets older.

I am 64 and still hanging in. I will need to get a knee replacement in the future but so far so good...If a bit painful.
They have been trying to get me to get a knee replacement for years. I am lucky enough to have a great Orthopedic Doctor. He has been giving me knee injections with Ketolog. I am milking it along. He is amazed that I am still walking. I miss my 10-15 mile walks and bike rides but it is what it is. Once you get a knee replacement, you end up with getting them every 5-7 years or less if you are fluffier, like myself. Far from wearing size 10 clothes like I did back in the 90's *LOL* I can fully understand the "a bit painful" but thank goodness I have a strong tolerance to pain.

I've been busy with moving and life, I moved and can't keep all my chicks unfortunately and no one wants bym chicks, they're the babies to my girls

Attachments

• 20240509_171224.jpg
    20240509_171224.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Been really busy trying to get our house decluttered and ready to sell when or IF we can find something else.

Last fall I bought an old wood cabinet incubator. Holds 600 eggs. Got it cleaned out and set up. So far it's awesome!!! Nothing like the foam incubators!!!!! I can open it to pull the lever to roll the eggs, or add water in the top and it goes right back to the same temp and humidity. No spike in the temp when I add the eggs and they warm up. And the water doesn't "suddenly" disappear overnight, yet run perfect all day on the water I added that morning.

I set 4 dozen eggs yesterday. From my own flock. If this works as good as the elderly man that sold it to me said, I will be able to hatch the Malay so much better.

Ready for warm weather and to get started in my garden.

Hope everyone else is doing good.
That looks like a redwood incubator! Those are awesome!

Congratulations

That is good news on getting an exemption for keeping chickens!

They have been trying to get me to get a knee replacement for years. I am lucky enough to have a great Orthopedic Doctor. He has been giving me knee injections with Ketolog. I am milking it along. He is amazed that I am still walking. I miss my 10-15 mile walks and bike rides but it is what it is. Once you get a knee replacement, you end up with getting them every 5-7 years or less if you are fluffier, like myself. Far from wearing size 10 clothes like I did back in the 90's *LOL* I can fully understand the "a bit painful" but thank goodness I have a strong tolerance to pain.
My Mom did not get knee replacements. She is now 83 and uses a walker and a wheel chair.

Hopefully I will be able to go longer with knee replacement when I get it...but I am hoping for a treatment that will not need a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom