Cheese Chat

Good thing I'm in the wrong country! I can't be trusted by the supermarket cheese counter as it is. I LOVE cheese, especially the mature stuff. I'll take it over chocolate any day of the month.

Alright, my mouth is watering. That's a fabulous idea, a sampler tray with ALL of their cheeses!
droolin.gif

Sumi, your comment reminds me of the commercials about...what is it, cheese nips or something? They wait for their cheese to mature...BA HA HA!

Ah, it's Cheeze-it:

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, we need a team building party for cheese tasting at this place. I'll bring the wine! Holy cow they have a lot of kinds. Now I have to find out what Kickapoo, Beecher's No Woman, Blue Cabrales, Cotswold, Purple Moon, Graskaas, etc cheeses are!

Let's face it, it's a good combination! I like glass of good wine now and then and cheese? Always! Have you guys tasted smoked Dutch cheese? Oh my heck, that stuff is NICE! I went to a Dutch cheese farm years ago when I lived in The Netherlands. Heaven!

I'm in! I LOVE cheese....and wine
lol.png

"...and wine" - a given!
Let's face it, it's a good combination! I like glass of good wine now and then and cheese? Always! Have you guys tasted smoked Dutch cheese? Oh my heck, that stuff is NICE! I went to a Dutch cheese farm years ago when I lived in The Netherlands. Heaven!
I have to say, although I love smoked food, cheese is not one of them. I'm not sure why, but for me, the smoking ruins the cheese flavor. I've only tried smoked cheese once, though. Maybe it wasn't the best variety to try it with.

I'm not a huge fan of smoked food, but that cheese had a lovely flavour. If you can get some of the Dutch variety, give it a try? I had some sheep's milk cheese at the same farm, which was also quite nice. Goat's milk cheese is in a league of it's own of course! You could catch me in a trap with that stuff.

Alright, cheese faves?

If you were on an island and could only have one cheese...what would it be? I think for me, it would need to be sharp, sharp cheddar. The kind that's so sharp, it's almost dry.

Back
Top Bottom