Cherry Stone grit?

risurocket

Songster
11 Years
Jul 5, 2008
Wisconsin
Anyone ever heard of of this? I just saw it at the Farm and Fleet and the ingredients really didn't tell me what the heck it was other than a little weird looking. I don't know if the Cherry Stone part was the brand name or the type of grit, in which case it is probably something made out of cherry pits...

Just curious....Thanks in advance!
Oh, can oyster shell be used as grit? or do I need a separate grit too?

Nope, didn't think of that. It very well could be. I have never heard of Cherry Stone Clams... Is that good grit? and is can oyster shells be used as grit? or do I need to do oyster shells separately just for the calcium?

You evidently dont eat clams lol- I am assuming and maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong but there is probably as much calcium in clam as in oyster shells. I also believe that unless your eggs are soft, they get enough protein in their feed providing you are feeding the right kind. Ive never seen cherry stone grit so that is new to me and being from clams was just a possibility.

They're just little clams:
cherrystone-clams-680185-sw.jpg

Pic of Cherry Stone Grit:
CherryStonegrit.jpg

Back of Package telling what it is:
CherryStonegritpackageback.jpg

Maybe it's different according to where you live and what's available in the area. The OP is from WI so, I'm assuming they are looking at the samething that I am!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom