Cheryl's Hen House...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by TerryH, Mar 17, 2016.

1. TerryH

TerryH Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2016
    NW Arkansas
    My Coop
    Will do Finnie!!! Thanks!

2. TerryH

Mar 12, 2016
    NW Arkansas
    My Coop
    I already have the primer and paint. Love the whitewash look but really not my style. [​IMG]

We'll be doing white exterior semi-gloss on everything inside the coop after it's primed.

3. mobius

mobius Chillin' With My Peeps

It will be lovely!!

4. Finnie

Finnie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2014
    Indianapolis

You are right, Terry. Your coop is more of a clean, neat streamlined look. It will be great with white semi-gloss.

But Möbius, thank you for the link! It will help me, because I am going for the 100-year-old-shabby-chic look. (Btw, my phone put that umlaut over your O, not me.)

5. TerryH

Mar 12, 2016
    NW Arkansas
    My Coop
    The babies are home!!! We had to modify what we got a bit but it's all good. 3 each Buff Orpingtons, Black Astrolorps and Black Copper Marans with 1 Blue Copper Maran. I think we are all good to go. The Marans came from a hatchery. The others came from Cackle Hatchery via the local farm supply. The Marans have been under the MHP since we got them home. The others have come in and out. They are all sleeping under the MHP now. I did have to squash it a bit and put more wood shavings so the were closer to the top. Here's a group photo before I made those changes.

[​IMG]

I got my mom and brought her down to check them out. She LOVED it!! So cool to see her so happy over some chickens. As I stated earlier, we always had chickens growing up and they were very special to my mom. She's almost 89 now.

Here's Cheryl helping her with one of the BA's...

[​IMG]

She even got in a little snuggle. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here she is checking out the MHP. She calls it "their momma".

[​IMG]

It was so great to see her so happy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  6. mobius

mobius Chillin' With My Peeps

Those chickens bring such joy...who knew! So happy for you and yours! You know it is kind of chicken therapy when I sit in the run with my chickens and have a morning cup of coffee and just watch...very peaceful...I never knew this but I have seen others commenting on it as well. Your entire family will benefit!!

1 person likes this.
  7. TerryH

Mar 12, 2016
    NW Arkansas
    My Coop
    Thank you! It's already been a great journey. Mom has come down and hung out while we worked on the coop and now I can tell she's going to be here a lot more. Who would have thunk it? Chickens. [​IMG]

8. TerryH

Mar 12, 2016
    NW Arkansas
    My Coop
    Few more baby pics...

Blue Copper Maran...

[​IMG]

Black Copper Maran...

[​IMG]

Black Astrolorp...

[​IMG]

Buff Orpington...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  9. beautifulpirate

beautifulpirate Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2016
    Awww, how sweet!!! Those marans are so precious!!! And your mom loving on the babies just made me giggle.

1 person likes this.
  10. TerryH

Mar 12, 2016
    NW Arkansas
    My Coop
    Newbies feel very relieved this morning!! Everybody popped right out of the MHP when Cheryl turned on the light. They are all eating, drinking and running all over. The Marans came out last but seem perfectly fine. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We were a little concerned that Ray might freak out but so far he literally couldn't care and less that there are noisy little birds in his house.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by