Cheryl's Hen House...

Pics
@TerryH
Just spent the last 20 minutes perusing this thread. I've been up since 3 am because I keep dreaming about my chicks hatching under the broody hen. I had 3 babies when I last checked late yesterday, but everytime I close my eyes I dream about chicks.

I LOVE the sliding nest boxes. Ingenious! The entire coop is lovely. I must say I was a bit disappointed to get to the last page and realize now it's happening in real time. My BLRW is my broody hen sitting on 9 eggs (well 3 babies and 6 eggs at this point). It's been an amazing experience to allow her to sit and hatch out the chicks. She seems like she will be a great momma chicken. Once they start growing, my hubby needs to get to hopping on the bigger coop. He will definitely look at this thread.

Thanks for the journey and the inspiration for our new coop.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm so glad that the thread is helpful! I can only imagine how much fun it must be to see the little ones hatching!!

Once my Sunday things were complete, I primed all the stuff I built yesterday. 6 gallons of primer have been used on this little coop. Sheesh. I would certainly hope that all of this wood is well protected.
roll.png
I filled a zillion screw holes and fine tuned a few other details in preparation for finish painting later in the week. I think the checkered flag is in site for the interior of the coop!!

Yeah, I started to wonder why I bothered painting the ramp a cute coral color. It looks like a poopy, muddy mess after less than a week haha.

At least everything will be protected. Keep that in mind.

sure looks nice and will clean easier. Mites will not find a crack to hide in either.

Thanks. Besides me being totally anal about every minute detail by nature......the intent was to make things as easy as possible to care for the chickens and to limit bugs etc... Every seam is caulked and sealed. All bare wood was double primed and then exterior semi gloss. Hopefully all of that will make it easier all the way around.

Back
Top Bottom