Cheryl's Hen House...

Pics
8-0
Time will tell if they hold up, they sure look like they will.
Hinges are lovely too.

Does all that coverage feel a little confining.....inside of it or out?

It doesn't but we are used to privacy fences. There are over 500' of existing privacy fence on the property of which a sizeable portion is 8'. This fence is something we've contemplated for quite a while to help isolate us from the commercial property that is next to us.

Last edited:
That helps with the cost justification.
Yes. When we bought this property 23 years ago we were pretty much isolated but progress has caught up to us. It was in inevitable occurrence and we've been able to make the best of it. We worked with the commercial property owners concerning their lights, building fences etc... They were agreeable but I didn't know enough about all of that sort of stuff then to get it the way that it really should have been concerning the lights and the lines of sight from their property to ours. This section of fence is good for us and the chickens.

Last edited:
Seems that everyone just has to sit on top of the 5 gallon waterer so I came up with this to deter them. It's a cheap 10" funnel I found on Amazon. I drilled some holes in the funnel and the bucket lid and zip tied the 2 together. Hoping this will be difficult for them to stand on. :lau

Also got a start on the human doors for the run. Looking forward to the long weekend to hopefully get done!!!

I use funnels for that too....if you leave the funnel loose, just setting up there so it falls off when they hit it, they quit trying to land on it much faster...lol.

Looking forward to seeing your run build happen this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom