Chick: 3weeks old, twisted beak, one eye, spins around, very few feathers, 1/2 size.

JGUGGIANA

Hatching
Jun 8, 2020
My patty is 3 weeks old.
1. She has a twisted beak.
2. One Eye.
3. Her head is constantly spinning and so does she, so I’m pretty sure she has wry neck.
4. Her crop balloons up when she eats and when it’s full she chirps in a panic.
So far:
1. I ground all of her food up in the coffee grinder so it’s powder form since she can’t digest the big crumbles.
2. She eats in a bowl with tall sides so she can’t spin out of control.
3. She gets water on her own if it’s a shallow enough container while I hold her still so she doesn’t spin around and miss it. But usually she gets water from an eye dropper every time she eats as well as whenever she wants it round the clock.
4. After she eats I have to massage her crop downward so it can digest and it help relieve some of the bloating.
5. She’s 3 weeks old and has some feathers coming in but mostly still fluff. So I have to put a warm bottle in with her so she can stay warm to sleep.
5. She is seperate from the other 3 100% of the time since they peck her face when they’re together.
6. She goes everywhere, work, store, car, with me. And is pretty spoiled.

Recently she started drinking water (When from a bowl) but is getting it up her nose And then panics chirps like hell and sneezes.
She also has some yellow crust around her one eye. But seems to go away during the day. She nestled under my hand like she would with mamma hen.

Today her WINGS ARE DROOPY and she keeps “flicking” her head. it has been hot out but she is inside with me, and in the AC or car and has warm and cold options. I cannot leave food and water available 100% of the time as she sticks her head too far in the water or just spins around and spills it. So I offer constantly.
she just doesn’t seem to have the energy to hold her wings all the way up. Like half droopy. Though still chirping Happily. Eating. Spinning.

Also SITTING WITH HER FEATHERS RUFFLED.

Any advice? Have a vet appt next Saturday but that’s a week out. Want to make sure I’m giving her everything I can!

She gets Vitamin E and selenium with a little bit of honey one a day by dropper. Seems to help her not spin so bad.

Attachments

• B2B40DD0-E225-450B-A349-A2D40355D8CF.jpeg
    B2B40DD0-E225-450B-A349-A2D40355D8CF.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 23
  • AFCF1E2C-0F95-41B0-BBBB-EE0AC10C150E.jpeg
    AFCF1E2C-0F95-41B0-BBBB-EE0AC10C150E.jpeg
    302.2 KB · Views: 20
  • F636A7AF-472F-42BC-AC35-C2AD03A49001.jpeg
    F636A7AF-472F-42BC-AC35-C2AD03A49001.jpeg
    439.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 220BC3F6-4D06-4D71-ABA1-47DD90BA1EB7.jpeg
    220BC3F6-4D06-4D71-ABA1-47DD90BA1EB7.jpeg
    379.3 KB · Views: 20
  • B3E44B27-EC7C-455B-A4CA-C3A650E257D4.jpeg
    B3E44B27-EC7C-455B-A4CA-C3A650E257D4.jpeg
    384.3 KB · Views: 17
Im so sorry that this is happening to your chick. Unfortunately, I dont have much experience with this is issue, and I would just try to feed her and and give her water whenever you can until the vet appointment. Try to give her fresh air a couple times a day. I’m praying for you and your chick 🙏🏻Good luck 👍

Im so sorry that this is happening to your chick. Unfortunately, I dont have much experience with this is issue, and I would just try to feed her and and give her water whenever you can until the vet appointment. Try to give her fresh air a couple times a day. I’m praying for you and your chick 🙏🏻Good luck 👍
Thanks!

today she seems all “droopy”

she’s very reactive to me Nd this morning. Seems very quiet.
Any ideas on what to give a chick?
I know critical care by oxbow was recommended elsewere. Until her vet appt.

I’m hoping she isn’t doomed to fail 😭😭😭

Thanks!

today she seems all “droopy”

she’s very reactive to me Nd this morning. Seems very quiet.
Any ideas on what to give a chick?
I know critical care by oxbow was recommended elsewere. Until her vet appt.

I’m hoping she isn’t doomed to fail 😭😭😭
Could the reason that she is spinning be because she has one eye?🤷🏻‍♀️I dont know what kinds of food or medication could help her since I dont what the issue is. I hope she gets better soon😙. I’ll try to do some research on her symptoms to see who was can help her.

Hey, I was just thinking about your chick are there any updates on her. I had done some research on her symptoms but mostly all I found was about giving her vitamin E which I read that you already did.

Back
Top Bottom