CHICK-A-DEES Hatching Thread!!! šŸ£

Oh that's right, you did say it peeped :( From internal pip to hatch is the most nerve-racking time, for me at least, because most of mine fail at that stage when they do fail, and I can't quite figure out why, because they incubate under the same conditions and yet some make it but others don't. And helping before the external pip (before the zip, really) is always so risky because they can bleed out. Maybe it just had a genetic issue or something. Rare breeds are genetically fragile, because they have small gene pools :( Try again if you want cemanis, and get more eggs to up your chances.
Oh yeah! You don't know the news! I got 2 hens and a rooster ayam cemani's yesterday, full grown! The hens are laying and the rooster is crowing. Sadly, I do have to wait a month before I can breed full blood ayam cemani's, because other than the 35 eggs that are gonna be in the incubator tonight, the hen's were in a pen with a lavender ameruacana/orpington for awhile. I might still put a couple lavendar x amerucana, just to see what I get.

Back
Top Bottom